Sent:   Sunday, March 23, 2003 3:02 PM
To:     Oppiliappan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc:     tiruvengadam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; srirangasri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:        [SriRangaSri] Re: A very Scary Question!!

--- In Oppiliappan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, vimalkumar ranganathan
<panardasan@xxxx> wrote:
The question is this: WHAT IS THE ORIGIN OF GOD??

> Well, every "thing" should have an origin, atleast according to human perception. If Sriman Narayana is God, what about his origins, I mean, has he always been resting on the bed of Sesha?? The question
thats arising in my mind is, shouldn't he have an origin, or
something that created him??

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 Chakravarthy V R (MICO/CEP-ECU) wrote :
I beg to add a few comments.
I understand that some of the epithets of the Lord in the SahasranAmam answer this question.

For instance,
'anAdihi' (derived from "na Adihi yasya sah") - One Who has no beginning and
'anantaha' ("na antaha yasya sah") - One Who has no end, and

"Atmayonihi' ("Atmanaha yonihi") - He is His own cause / origin.

Humble namaskarams,
Ranganath Chakravarthy