You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Apr 2003

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00093 Apr 2003

Apr 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear Siva

If we understand or agree upon a definition of GOD
then many questions can be answered. I have accepted
a simple definition of GOD as follows:
GOD is all things infinite and in every dimension we
may think of.
Having said that there can only be one god.
There is support for this in upanishads and there is
no
higher truth than Upanishads.
This god principle is also absolute, in that like
speed of light it never changes from any perspective.
In all frames of references HE is same. Infinitely
merciful if I demonstrate anything like Prahalada.
HE is also infinitely unforgiving if
I behave like Hiranyakasipu.
lest my words are mistaken HE does not imply any
gender to this GOD.
Like Swamy Nammazwar says GOD is IT, HE and SHE.

Now we may call or refer to this GOD in any number
of ways. As long as we invoke that one GOD regardless
of the names we use, HE will bless us.
My favorite name for this GOD is Sriman Narayana.
This name brings me a lot of joy, calm and happiness.
Find that name that brings you joy, happiness
and a sense of purpose.

How to experience is this GOD. Swamy Nammazwar
again clarifies this, if we approach HIM, HE will
approach us. If we run away from HIM, HE will
run away from us. Swamy Nammazwar says
" anugin anugum akalin akalum ".
So start developing a taste for
HIM and soon you will experience HIM.

PAST has no bearing. Start today.
procedures, rituals, prescriptions are all secondary
to your love for GOD. We can find copious examples
of this Azwar life histories.

Self Surrender is the best principle in approaching
GOD. Because HE is infinite in all dimensions,
and we are finite, we can only influence HIM by
surrendering without any expectation. All of this
is clearly explained in GITA.

Adi Sankara, the foremost Narayana devotee, clearly
says read a little bit of GITA in Baja Govindam.

There is no higher truth or experience than Govinda.
There is no difference between Govinda or any other
name you choose. All names imply Govinda and Govinda
alone.

When our mind is focused on Govinda, then our mind
will not hear, see or feel anything but Govinda.
this is what we all should seek!
here again Azwar Nammazwar has "Unnum Sorum, parugum
neerum ellam Kannan"

Seek those things in life that help you in seeking
Govinda more. Stay away from things that distract
you from Govinda.

if you wish to find Govinda, start with MathuraKavi
Azwars work and enjoying his works set your elevated
mind on to Nammazwar. All your wants will be
fullfilled.
the road to Govinda is a slippery one. Therefore we
need a guide. A guide who will forgive and forget
our misgivings and help us.
If you cannot find an Acharyan, then take to
seek Swamy Nammazwar. He will and HE can accept all of
us provided we can meditate upon Swamy Nammazwar.

In my limited life I find nothing more inspiring
or lifting or truthful than the above.
I surrender!
Swamy Nammazwar thiruvadigale saranam.
adiyen
anandavalli dasan
--- Bhaktan <bhaktan@xxxx> wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>
> You raise a point I have heard many times before
> (although in different
> contexts). I had a question then as I do now:
> Does this mean, "There are many gods and they are
> all are not equal"?
> Also, wouldn't it be then redundant to pray to Lord
> Vinayaka before reciting
> either Vishnu Sahasaranamam or Kanakadhara Stotram?
>
> I would really appreciate any answer you might have
> or any pointers you
> might have that I can follow that might help me
> understand Vaishnavism
> better.
>
> Siva.

Home Page