You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Apr 2006

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00114 Apr 2006

Apr 2006 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Pranams!

  As promised, here is my account of my Visit to Saligramam.

  16th Apr - My mother and me left Bangalore to Delhi by the first flight.We
were joined by our family friends at the Delhi airport.Left to Kathmandu and
reached by 4 in the evening.Rested and awoke to a bright and sunny day on the
17th morning.

  17th Apr - Visited the Iskon temple, a lovely temple, very small compared to
the bangalore Iskon, but very calm and peaceful.Then visited Sleeping Vishnu,
also called Budhanilkanth.(Picture of this temple is posted on the
internet).Then visited Swayambhu , basically a buddhist site  , situated at a
little hill, the view of kathmandu from there is quite astounding.Ended the day
after  visiting the Pashupatinath temple.

  18th Apr - Left to Pokhrah.A lovely place which was very fresh and green
after a shower of rains.We stayed at the Central Inn that faces the snow-clad
mountains of the Annapurna Range.Also visited the Fewa Lake in Pokhrah.

  19th Apr - Awoke at 4.30 to witness the lovliest sunrise of my life (Posted
pictures). Left to muktinath at 11.30 by helicopter.Fortunately, there was no
place or me in the copter. I guess i just got lucky that I got to stand behind
the pilot and observed every second from take-off till landing and back the
same way.The best moment was when the helicopter went in between the snow-clad
mountains , oh my..was quite breath-taking.The moment we got off the copter, we
were greeted by a gust of chill wind, we climbed up the 40 odd steps, and got
the darshan of muktinarayana. What a lovely looking god he is! I prayed for
every person i know, I also prayed for the well-being of all of  you and your
families.A Nepali lady offered teertham and shadari.She also kept a large
shaligramam on our heads and blessed us. Without our knowledge, all of us had
tears in our eyes . The marble on which we were standing, was covered with ice,
our feet were numb due to the ice.It was all worth
 it.There are 108 places from where there is water flowing, on taking a bath
from there, it is said that you will have blessings of gods of all 108
divyadesams.We did that and gave the rest of the group members to offer their
prayers.Our 40 minute stay in the temple came to an end and we were hurried by
the Flight attendents since the weather was getting bad.We faced minor
turbulance on the way back, but landed safely at the pokhrah airport. The same
day we were back to kathmandu.

  20 Apr - Was the last day of curfew and strike at kathmandu.The situation was
grim as there was  shoot at sight order. We left to the airport amidst tight
security and landed at Delhi. the flight from Delhi to bangalore got delayed by
6 hours and we landed at bangalore at 2 in the night.

  And thus ended a memorable journey. In spite of tension and curfew in both
kathnamdu and pokhrah, we had a smooth trip, thanks to god and all your
blessings and prayers.

  Have posted pictures on the following link
  http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/SriRangaSri/photos/browse/fe66

  Do write to me and tell me how you liked them.

  May the lord bless all you with his darshan in the near future.

  Regards,
  Vasumathi.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/lMct6A/Vp3LAA/i1hLAA/VkWolB/TM