You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Aug 2003

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00037 Aug 2003

Most respected Sir:

According to one of this writer's Gurus, this particular shloka figures in
Shri Bharathruhary's (forgive the spelling if erroneous) work which
apparently contains over 500 verses/shlokas...The work seems to be his
magnum opus and has instructions on morality, ethics, dharma, justice,
conduct, social actions and whole host of topics.

The writer is trying to get a reasonable approximate English translation
through his Guru who remembers have an copy of the ancient text/work in
Grantham. This seems to be have been tucked away in an attic and might have
to be retrieved.

Lets pray to the ever pleasing, ever compassionate Divya Dampathis that the
work may be located and we all benefit something out of it.

The writer will try his best and revert shortly.

Om Tat Sat
Tat Tvam Asi

"Ram Anbil"
<Ramanbil@hotmai To: Srirangasri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
l.com> cc:
Subject: [SriRangaSri] Text of a slokam needed
08/05/03 10:22
PM

Dear Bhagavatas:
Can anyone of you let me have the full text of a slokam that I had read a
long time ago in Subaashitaani while in school way back in the 1940s?
It starts with the words:
"mounaan mookhah, pravachana paTu, jalpakO vaachakO vaa...." I forget the
rest.
I will be glad if you can also provide the source of the slokam .
Thanks.
Dasoham
Anbil Ramaswamy