You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Aug 2003

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00094 Aug 2003

Dear All,

Today when I opened my Yahoo mail box I found around 9 emails with the subject
mentioned below that has virus. Luckily none of them from the Yahoo groups.
Just heads up to all in the group.. If you have received any mail with the
subject metioned below, please don't open it and delete it immediately.

Thanks, Balaji

An internet virus, W32/Sobig.f@MM, is currently spreading through email
systems. This virus was released in the wild a few hours ago and we have
already seen a large number of infected emails at our mail gateway. Currently,
it is classified as a MEDIUM risk by McAfee.

The W32/Sobig.F virus attempts to propagate itself to email addresses found on
the local system. The worm propagates via email and contains its own SMTP
engine for constructing outgoing messages. The virus infected email includes a
PIF attachment ("your_document.pif" and others). The sender of the virus is
normally spoofed, possibly arriving from someone you know.

The message containing the Sobig.F virus has the following characteristics. If
you receive a similar message, delete it immediately. Do NOT launch the file
attachment.

Re: Thank you!

Re: Details

Re: Re: My Details

Re: Approved

Re: Your application

Re: Wicked screensaver

Re: That movie

your_document.pif

document_all.pif

thank_you.pif

your_details.pif

details.pif

document_9446.pif

application.pif

wicked_scr.pif

movie0045.pif

There are 2 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

1. The Hindu : Work on at temple complex(A request)
From: "K.S.Venkataraghavan"
2. Fwd: Re: Re: SrImath U.Ve SrIvatsAnkAchArya swami's health condition