You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Aug 2004

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00010 Aug 2004

SrI:

Answers to Srivenkataramani's questions.

For other members : for continuity , pls read my
previous email titled "Swami Desikan's view on
chanting rudram Ref: Re [SriRangaSri] chanting
Rudram......"

1) Yes, Rudram is chanted by srivaishnavas , as
explained ELABORATELY in my previous two emails. Why
only rudram? All vedic bhagams including karma kandam
is recited by srivaishnava's as glory of sriman
narayana! there is no question about that. there is no
part of vedam thats is discarded by Bhagavad Ramanuja
sishyas unlike Advaithis and dvaithis.

2) Sandilya smriti is NOT vedas. Vedas are sruthis.
Smrithis are explanations of great maharishis based on
their conclusion on vedas. They are accepted as
pramana by all the schools of vedanta.

Rudra's temple was equated to dead body because of its
ill effects for a paramaikanthi. Paramaikanti is
jnani! He should not be deviated from his sole
objective that is sriman narayana. Association with
anyadevatha will always turn one towards samsaram
only. These are NOT just conclusions of  srivaishanva
acharyas but by great Maharishis who were unbiased.
This  was also explained in detail by Sri Krishna in
Srimad Bhagavad Gita. This is was not told to bring
disgrace to Rudra. It is a fact that was explanied.
Even the mohana saastra pravachanam of Rudra is to
disuade those who did apacharam to goutama maharishi.
He started propagating paasupatamatam to disuade them.
Due to their dreadful karma many people also started
to follow the same. So this is done by Rudra as a
kainkaryam to sriman narayana. Punishing assura
prakruthis is a kainkaryam given to him by sriman
narayana!

Still Siva as "Ahirbudhya" has refrained from mohana
saastra pravachanam and beautifully explaines the
Paratvam of sriman Narayana and that he is the only
person to be worshipped and surrendered. This he
explains in his elaborate and most beautiful
"Ahirbudhya samhitai". Swami Desikan glorifies this
samhitai to a great extent. Infact in moolamantra
adhikaram to explain a particular padam swami desikan
quoted ahibudya samhitai extensively.

It is well known that Mantrarajapada stotram was
authored by shiva where he glorifies and surrenders
unto sriman narayana.

The paratvam of sriman Narayana was not questioned by
Adi sankara.
A paramaikanti knows what he should do. Mere
"kaanthis"  need not worry about them. Also knowing
why a paramaikanti has such an acharam will give
nothing to non-paramaikanti and non- ekanthis.

Anway, let us conclude this topic and move on. There
won't be much return in learning thro' web! sri rama
told " Sookshma: parama durjnaya:". These doubts are
to be learnt from a srivaishnava sadacharyan by
obediently prostrating to him and requesting him to
explain the same.

All the best!

Aravind G.

--- Rajaram Venkataramani <v_raja_ram@xxxxxxxxx>