You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Aug 2004

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00099 Aug 2004

Dear All,

Referring to all recent problems against Tirupathi Temple and other common Sri
Vaishnava issues, adiyEn would like to share my view.

1. Why cant we have a Central Sri Vaishnava Forum or Committee
   where all Sri Vaishnava Mutt heads inlcuding both kalais become
   members. This commitee can decide and approve all the generic
    vaishnava issues.

Example 1: Tirupathi Temple issue,
Example 2: To oppose to any magazines/Films etc which degrades
                  SriVaishnavism.

2. Committee chairman post can be of rotating type. One year
    Vanamamalai Jeer Swami can head and next year Andavan swami
    can head and it goes on to all the mutt heads on yearly basis.

3. Committee can be a single unified voice against all issues.
    Currently that is lacking which is misused  by all politicians, non
    vaishnavaite mutt heads and magazines.

4. Committee can initiate all generic steps to propogate Sri Ramanuja's
    philosophy and implement and suggest right temple worships etc.

5. Important factor for conversion in India is "Caste" This committee can
    devise ways to reach people and clarify about varnashrama dharma
    and stop the conversion. Current threat is that even divya desams are
    filled by non hindus. At Thanjavoor, lot of places have already gone.
    Divyadesam like thErezhundoor do have non hindus inside the main
    veethi. If we do not stop, we can have the divyadesams on website
    only.

6.  Committee can setup a Research unit on Vedas and Divya
    prabandams. Currently students out of padasalas are either becoming
    archakas or purohitars(vaathyaars). Instead if select people are
    involved in scientific research on Vedas and Prabandams, that will
    support the teaching on vaishnavism.

Please comment on this and if viable, we can take the idea to the acharyas.

Thanks,
Srinath.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/VkWolB/TM