You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Aug 2004

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00130 Aug 2004

Yahoo! Photos

Srihi:

Respected Bhagavathas,

Today is the Thirunakshatram of One of the Acharya Of Srimath Andavan Ashram H
H Srimath Srinivasa Ramanuja Maha Desikan also known as H H KaTandethi Andavan
(Thirukudanthai Andavan)
He was born in the Month of Avani under the Moola Nakshatra in the Year Virodhi
1829. He was known in his Poorva Ashram as Kavi Kunjaram Sadhavadhani
VardhaVedhantha Char. He was a Upasaka of Lord Hyagreeva. Then in the Year
Vishvasu 1905 in the Avani Month He was initiated Into Sanyasa Ashram by the
Jeer of Ahobila Mutt H H Srivan SaTAkopa Srinivasa Yathindra Maha Desikan also
known as Thirukudanthai Azagiasingar . You may be aware that After H H China
Andavan attained Moksha for 13 years there was no Acharya for Andavan Ashram.
It was H H KaTandethi Andavan who became the Andavan after getting initiated in
Sanyasa Ashram by above mentioned Jeer at Nrusimhapuram in the year 1905. The
place Nrusimhapuram is very sacred because it houses the Brindavan of not one
or two Azagiasingar but it houses the Brindavan of Five Azagisingars. I call it
Pancha Brindavan Kshetram and it is very dear to my heart (I am the Ahobila
Mutt Shysya). It houses the Brindavan of 25th, 26th, 30th, 37th and 38th Pattam
Azagisingars. I had an opportunity to visit this sacred place few days back and
luckily I was able to capture the Pictures of all the Azagisingars at
Nrusimhapuram  and also had an opportunity to visit  Srirangam China Ashram
where the Brindavan of H H KaTandethi Andavan . I was wating for an opportunity
to release these pictures to all of you at last today is the Occasion. . It is
strange coincidence that today is the Thiru Nakshatram of my Revered Ellu
Tha-Tha H H KaTandethi Andavan.  I hope all the Bhagavathas will enjoy the
Pictures and also bless me to do more Kainkaryam; I am already building a web
site for Melkote Kshetram and my village Innambur Srinivasa Perumal ( The
Founder of The Hindu is from our native only )  near Kumbakonam near
Swamimalai.  I intend to do many more Kainkaryam and I need all your good
wishes and blessings. , Last but not the least I wish to inform you that I am
fortunate to share the same Nakshatram and Tamil Month with my Revered Ellu
Tha-Tha.

Dasan
Lakshminarasimhan Sridhar