You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Aug 2005

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00022 Aug 2005

Dear Devotees,
Adiyen recently sent an appeal regarding sending your contributions
for Thoopul Swami Desikan's Nithya Aradhana Kainkaram. Some of you
have sent check and asked me to post the CDs. I have mailed CDs to
many devotees. Last week my computer files got corrupted and
couldn't access my previous Outlook mails. I was trying to retrieve
these mails without any success. If you have sent your contributions
to Smt. Nagu Mami and did not receive the CDs yet, please send me an
email again and adiyen will post the CDs. Hope you will understand
this problem and excuse. Also some devotees asked whether Swami
Desikan's annual uthsavam is in a VCD format or in a DVD format. It
is actually in a VCD format. It is not region coded so you can watch
here (USA) in any DVD player or in computer.

Adiyen email address: kamr at syr dot edu

Adiyen Ramanujadasan Kannan

Kannan AMR <kamr@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear Devotees,
Adiyen recently received two sets of CDs from Kanchipuram Sriman
Satagopa Thathachariyar Swami. One CD contains Swami Desikan's
mangalasasana uthsavam at Sri Devadhi Rajan Sannithi on the day of
Swami's thirunakshatram. The second set of CDs contains all the
sthothrapadam of Swami Desikan in a santhai format. The total
duration
of these two santhai CDs is around 13 hours. Sriman Satagopa
Thathachariyar Swami has done a great service to our community by
rendering Swami Desikan's sthothras in a santhai format. Since these
slokas have been rendered by Sanskrit scholars, all the slokas have
been
rendered without a flaw. Adiyen made 100 copies of these CDs with
Sriman
Thathachariyar Swami's permission for distribution in USA. These CDs
is
available at the cost of 35$ (for all the 3 CDs). This entire amount
of
$ 35.00 will go for Swami Desikan's Nithya Thiruvaradhana
Kainkaryam. So
essentially anyone who contributes 35$ for one day of nithya thiru
aradhanam, will get these CDs for free. While writing this appeal I
really feel sad and ashamed. We have become so ungrateful to our
Poorvarcharyas, we need to sell their own works to collect money for
their daily aradhanams!!

Anyways, to get these CDs please mail your check to:

Nagu Satyan
NAMA Inc
C/O Nagu Satyan
7821 W. Alder Drive
Littleton
CO 80128-5522

Please note that the checks should be made payable to "NAMA Inc."
After
mailing your check, send me an email (kamr at syr dot edu) with your
address and adiyen will mail you these precious CDs. Please do not
send
any personal checks to me.

Adiyen also fully aware of the fact that many of us have involved in
so
many kainkaryams on a monthly basis or some people even on a weekly
basis!! But please do give priority to Swami Desikan's nithya
aradhana
kainkaryam as well.

I hope someone will take lead on creating similar santhai format CDs
for
Swami Kurathazhwan's Pancha Sthavas, Swami Parasara Bhattar's
sthothras
and other poorvacharyas sthothra padams.

Thank you for your kind attention.

Adiyen Ramanujadasan Kannan

Yahoo! Groups Links