You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Aug 2005

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00048 Aug 2005

SrI:
SrImathE Gopaladesika mahadesikaya namah:
Dearest all,

After Poigai, bhootha, Pey, Thirumazhisai Kulasekara
and ThiruppANAzhwAr anubhavams, let us now continue on
PeriyAzhwAr anubhavams.

suRRum_oLivattam soozhndhusOthiparandhengum
eththanaiseyyinum enmakanmukamn^Erovvaay
viththakanvEnkatavaaNan unnaiviLikkinRa
kaiththalamn^OvaamE ambulee! kadithOdivaa.
 1.5.3

In this ten pAsurams, PeriyAzhwAr enjoys the little
darling Kutti KaNNan waving His small hand towards the
moon with awe?

As Kutti KaNNan grows rapidly day by day), he crawls
and sits. He has crawled out of the house and plays
with sand. He looks up to see the bright moon in the
skies. He is so excited and happy to see (as if it is
His toy) and babbles something, waving His cute little
hand and fingers ..

AzhwAr enjoys in the role of yasodhA calling the moon
to play with KaNNan. Even present times, one can see
mothers calling the monn to play with their child.
(especially during feeding time)

The current verse that we are enjoying means:

Oh chandrA! (moon) even if you have made yourself,
fully bright spreading your cool bright rays all over
the world with your shining brightness, you can never
ever be equal to that of my darling son's divine face.
This Boy- the most wonderful and mysterious, one who
resides in ThiruvEnkatam,- my son- keeps calling you.
Come quick in order not to give pain to his cute hands
which keep waving and inviting you.

The moon says: If He is your kuttan; your Lord; your
son; your nectar, so what? Why should I come? Where am
I ? where is He (on the sand). I need to throw light
on the whole world. Look at my bright, cool, rays. How
can my mind let me play with him, the baby.

She answers: You borrowed and begged this brightness.
It is not yours. Also, you become nothing on new moon
day. He is ParanjOthi. He is Maayan. (you may
disappear and come back.) . he lets the whole universe
get into his small stomach, including you. He is there
elaready on ThiruvEnkatam. Don?t think he is on the
ground. He is at such a high altitude near you:- )
When one attains the feet of ThiruvEnkata vaaNan, he
can get all wealth from this Lord and have his sins
removed. He is Sarva vitthagan- full of Saamarthyam
and Sarva kaarNathvam -says Thiruvaaymozhi PiLLai.
[most beautiful and full of KalyANa guNAs- says Sri
Manavala Mamaunigal- for the same word] He shows His
palms and waves at you, see which is more beautiful?
You or His palm?
[Definitely not you- oh dear moon]
PeriyAzhwAr ThiruvadigaLE SaraNam
Regards