You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Dec 2003

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00094 Dec 2003

Dec 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear SriVaishnavaites,

I have following doubts on Thirupaavai..

1. Upanyasakas here at chennai say that pasurams 6-15 refer to alwars too. But
if we see those pasurams, andal has sung to alert 10 different females or some
personifications..!! If we say alwars were alerted or awakened, are we not
degrading them? Why should andal who came later by age alert or awaken other
alwars who were well befoer her? If we say that she has only referred them, why
so when others have not done except madurakavi who sung only on nammalwar?

2. in 15th pasuram, there is a reference to lord as "maaRRaanai maaRRazhikka
vallaanai". But if we see itihasas or puranas, we find that he has eliminated
the enemies not their enemity. Till death, ravana did not change and same for
duryadona, sisupala, hiranyakasibu etc..So why does sri Andal refer him as
maaRRazhikka vallan when he has done "maaRRanai azhithal".

Forgive me for any ignorance and enlighten me.

Thanks,

Srinath.

Yahoo! India Mobile: Ringtones, Wallpapers, Picture Messages and more.Download
now.

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: