You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Feb 2003

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00017 Feb 2003

SrI:

Dear VedAbhimAnis:

I would like to take the opportunity to brief you further
on the content of the souvenir that I referred to in my
ealier note. I ahve recieved additional information from
Chennai that I wish to share with you.

If all of the aasthikAs here can cover the cost of
releasing the souvenir that would be a magnificnet
achievement in the cause of capturing most valuable
information on Veda-VedAntham and some of the Sookthams
that we recite quite often.

The opportunity to help in realizing this souvenir
is a great one and I appeal to you to help capture
this treasure house of information described below :

" A Souvenir with excellent content value will be released in
commemoration of Swami's Satabhishekam. As per the wishes of
Swami, the Souvenir will have many articles written by around
twenty five eminent scholars on selected Upanishads viz. Isa,
Kena, Kata, Prasna, Mundaka, Mandukya, Taittiriya, Mahanarayana,
Aitareya, Svetasvatara, Mantrika, Maha, Ashtakshara Narayana
and Dwaya, and also on Purusha Suktam, Uttara Narayanam, Sri
Suktam and few other Veda mantras, apart from a comprehensive
introduction to Veda-Vedanta.

It has to be noted that, this is for the first time such a
collective effort has been made to make the esoteric teachings of
the holy Upanishads with sufficient explanations be available in
tamil for the understanding of even a layman in Vedanta. These
valuable articles are not word-by-word translations but will bring
out very well the salient teachings without leaving any issue
addressed in each of the Upanishads. The articles will also be
enriched with profound thoughts and arguments for the right
understanding of important passages in Upanishads, as explained
in Classical texts of Vedanta like Sri Bhashya and its commentaries
etc, for the serious students of Upanishads. This Souvenir will
certainly be a very valuable companion for anyone interested in
Vedanta ".

Proposed Budget for the entire MahOthsavam

Veda Parayanam : Rs. 60,000/-
Vidvat Sadas : Rs. 60,000/-
Thadiyaradhanam : Rs. 60,000/-
Souvenir : Rs. 120,000/-
Upanyasams,Printing, : Rs. 25,000/-
Arrangements etc

Tariff for advertising in the Souvenir :

Outer and Inner Covers : Rs. 10,000/-
Full Page (Art Paper) : Rs. 5,000/-
Half Page (Art Paper) : Rs. 3,000/-
Full Page (Ordinary) : Rs. 2,500/-
Half Page (Ordinary) : Rs. 1,500/-

Note: Cheques /DDs are to be issued in favour of
"Sri Perukkaranai Swami Satabhishekam Committee" and sent to the
Secretary SrI K.K.Anand : 11,Hasthigiri Street, West Mambalam,
Chennai 600-033. Tel: 2483-4666. e-mail: kgk@xxxx

Those who are in USA are requested to contact me or SrI Diwakar
Kannan at the above e-mail addresses.

Thank you all in advance ,
RaamAnuja Daasan , V.SaThakOpan/V.Sadagopan

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
srirangasri-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
To subscribe to the list