You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Feb 2003

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00052 Feb 2003

May I know how many of US know Vedas and Vedic Principles, and is that the
yardstick to measure depth of ones own understanding. Guptas point as well
as other points in the group should be taken as a views of commoners and not
Vedic Pundits, those commoners also follows of Hindu Dharma. You may claim
that there is not such thing as Hinduism ( yes, I agree with you), but in
our Birth Certificate and Marriage certificate, majority Indians, who are
Hindus don't say " vedic age" or Sanatha Dharma.,, so let us kindly focus on
the issue as Hinduism AKA ..Vedic Principles or Sanathana Dharma.

Certainly, just by doing Sandhyavandanam alone ONE does not become a
follower of Hindu Dharma or Vedic Priciple, that is a short sighted view,
Bhakti and Love could be a part and parcel of a Ritual, but they are
certainly above Rituals. Our own Alwars and Nayarnmars are elevated to
their pinnacle becoz of the Bhakti and love for God and not for the Rituals.

So, I totally disagree with your Shri. Ramachandran that you have to enjoy
the love of Bhakti and Love for God and not judge one by doing a certain
ritualistic process. I certainly feel that in today's lifestyle an Most of
those follow Sandhyavandam are doing with a feeling of not to be left
alone, and branded as not following their DUTY but certainly they don't
have the time like our elders who had all the time and contenment. and far
less materialistic commitments.

Namaskarams

Swathi