You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Feb 2003

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00070 Feb 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Amar V" <amarveda@xxxx>

> Pranams, All
> I have read through verses in all 18 chapters but nowhere do I find any
> rhymes as should in a song or poem.

There are different rules when it comes to classifying poems. Rhyme is
followed in English poetry not in Sanskrit. Sanskrit prosody employs the
rules of chanda-s.

You are confusing between english poetry and sanskrit poetry. Both have
different parameters of classification.

Regards,

Malolan Cadambi

Home Page