You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Feb 2003

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00148 Feb 2003

Dear Shri Ram Anbilji,

I derived immense pleasure in going through the text of nectar like article
" Art of Living" by our veteran (not by age but in knowledge) Shri M K
Sudarshan. It was a delightful experience to know the steps involved in
attaining " parama padham" .

My memory lane went back to year 1990 when I my father was hit by a car and
he reached the Parama Padam. This happened with in month or so after he was
performed the Bharanyasam from the Divine hands of the present Azahgiya
singer. On the Subhasvikaram day ( hope my english dictum is okay) Jeeyar
was in our house and told us all that my father has reached paramapadam and
he had a painless death without a drop of blood in the body. We were all in
a angry and vengeance mood on the driver of the car.Jeeyar advised us to
calm down and pray to the Bhagavan. Today I have understood what HE meant
by that.

I would like to share another small personal experience which happened on
22/02/03.

I attended a pooja in a friend's house who hosted a devout amma lady
bestowed with special blessings of a Acharya of from Sringeri mutt , and
she carries the padam of the Acharaya to the houses to enable devotees to
perform Pada Pooja. There were photos of Sri Kanchi and other acharayas on
the shrine. Finally after the pooja my turn came to perform Namaskaram to
the Holy Padam. The amma just uttered " No one need to change the Guru;
there is no compulsion; those who are interested can take the photo". I was
taken by surprise to the comments , my wife too was !. I took a photo of Sri
Sankaracharya and left the place. When I went to this pooja my mind was full
of questions and doubt about this devout lady.( based on opininion of one of
the earlier visitors ). This was on 22/02/03.

After we returned home, my wife told me that she was little touched to see
me participating in the poojas of other acahrayas b/cause we belong to Sri
Ramanuja's sect and of late I am showing more interest after joining the
forums. She asked me questions about the birth of Visishtadvaita about
Ramanuja and Desikan etc. I could not give a full reply excepting broadly
the role of Ramanuja and Desikan to Vaishnavism.. In fact I wanted to ask
the forum today the background of Desikan , his life, works etc.

Reluctantly , I went thru the spl volume mail which I normally whiff through
, because it has heavy sanskrit content and lyrical and goes above my head.
But it so happened I saw the notification on Art of Living by MKS on life of
Swami Desikan and went about and surfed into the files. I got more than
What I wanted or would have asked for. I fell speechless about the
Divine's Omniscient Quality. Yes it is true that Parabrahaman has the 4th
quality of "Daya" as extolled by Swami Desikan. HE is so compassionate to a
person like me not worth a penny by giving me this prasad of showing the
article, then one can imagine the unimaginable experiences of the Great
Saints / poets/ acharyas who day in and day out are in the dhyanam of the
SriMan NarAyanA.

I understood now only, why we chant " vedanta desikane innum oru nottruaandu
irumm".

I request every member of this forum who has not gone thru the same , to
read the file and derive the unique experience.

I bow my head to the Bhagavathas of the Forum

v k vijayaraghavan

NOTE: If the rules do not permit sharing some personal experiences , kindly
inform me so that I can delete that portion and resend it.