You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Feb 2003

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00152 Feb 2003

Dear Bhagavathas,

Om Sri Krishnaya namah!

I have few questions and I would request your advise on the same.

1. The 24 namas of Vishnu which we chant while giving Jalatharpanam etc.,
Starts with Om Keshavanam Tharpa..... etc., and of all namas while chanting
Krishna we are required to add Sri and then chant Sri Krishnam etc., I
want to know precisely as to the significance attached to this nama by
adding Sri. In fact, there are certain people who also add Sri Krishna
Parabrahmane Namah in their Sandhyavandanam.

2. I want to know the meaning of His name - Pradyumna.

3. Also, kindly let me know whether namas - Aniruddha and Pradyumna are
the same as the one who know by Srimadbhavagatha where they are
sons/grandsons of Lord Krishna, but we are not taking here name of Samba
(who is very attractive and an incarnation of Lord Murugan) in our nitya
pooja unlike Pradyumna (Manmatha-reborn) as being one of the namas of Lord
Vishnu.

Om Sri Krishna Parabrahmane Namah!

S.C.Sukumar

Home Page