You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Feb 2004

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00031 Feb 2004

>From: "Mukundan" <krupa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: malolan_net@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: PrahlAdAzhvAn and kUrattAzhvAn
>Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 09:15:30 -0000
>
>SrI:
>SrImathE ramAnujAya nama:
>
>SrI.Madhavakkannan svAmin has asked me to compare on these two great
>bhagavathAs, although it is well known that aDiyEn does not have any
>arhadai to do so. As he has an intention to train me in our
>sampradAyam, aDiyEn ventures to proceed with the comparison.
>
>There is a very old paripADal poem going like this:
>
>BrungalAdan palapala piNi paDa
>valanduzhi???..tAdaiyAgalin
>igazhndum igazhA nenjinanAga?????
>
>This is a sanga tamizh poem, which should have been earlier to
>nammazhvAr time too.
>Here, BrungalAdan is the tamizh equivalent of our PrahlAdAzhvAr.
>The poet, kaDuvan iLaveyinAr says that although SrI.PrahlAdan
>suffered a lot due to his demon-father, he did not even think ill of
>this demon-king, as he was his father. (tAdaiyAgalin).
>
>?
>
>For the famous question "who is a SrivaishNavA?", pUrvAchAryAs
>answer like this: "One who pities for the suffering souls" is a
>SrIvaishNavA irrespective of his caste.
>PrahlAdAzhvan went one step ahead. He pitied for the cruel king
>whenever the kid was tortured by the demon. So when perumAL insisted
>the kid to ask for a boon, the kid just asked to forgive all the
>sins committed by his father.
>
>KUrattAzhvAn went many steps ahead.
>When Varadaraja perumAL persuaded him to avail a boon granted by
>Him, he asked for the same eternal bliss - which he is going to get -
>   to be conferred on the tyrant nAlUrAn, who had no blood relation
>with AzhvAn as in the case of prahlAdan. So, a mahApApi who was
>considered worse than HiraNyakaSibu, could get mOksham, because of
>the kAruNyam of this great bhagavatA.
>
>We do not hear anybody who had sambhandam with SrI.PrahlAdan
>attained mOksham. But pUrvAs tell that the tiruvaDi sambhandam of
>kUrattAzhvAn, is a sure way of attaining mOksham.
>
>PrahlAdan continued to rule this world for so many years, even after
>seing perumAL. But kUrattAzhvAn left all his wealth just to do
>service at his master's lotus feet.
>
>SrI.PrahlAdAzhvAn's grandson was another demon king, because of
>whom, perumAL had to take vAmana avatAram.
>
>While SrIkUrattAzhvAn's sons are like two eyes to our sampradayam.
>
>If the much-admired nrusihAvatAram has SrI PrihlAdAzhvAr as the
>center-point, can't we say that emperumAnAr vaibhavam has SrI
>kUrattAzhvAn as the axial-point
>
>Now, we may come to a fair conclusion that this nUdana AzhvAn excels
>that purANa AzhvAn in all aspects.
>
>(Please pardon for any mistakes and take them all in nahi-nindA
>nyayam)
>
>dAsan
>Mukundan
>

>Srimate Sri Laksminrisimha Divya Paduka Sevaka
>Srivan Satakopa Sri Narayana Yatindra Mahadesikaya Nama:
> [...]

Check out the great features of the new MSN 9 Dial-up, with the MSN Dial-up
Accelerator. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/VkWolB/TM