You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Feb 2008

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00014 Feb 2008

Dear Swamin,

AnushtAna and VairAghya.<<<

That may be requirement for Acharya whom we
approach for Praptti. Sharanagathi/Prapatti is the
basis of our (SV) religion.
As per Bhagavadgita, That is projected as the simplest
of the paths, which anyone (irrespective of caste,
creed, birth or gender) can use.

As per BG, Sharanagathi can be done by any individual.
Going through an Acharya is not a requirement.

BG recommends studying at the feet of Acharya for
JnAnam and not for Prapatti. But because,
JnAnam in our SV religion is to realize that
surrender is the ONLY path- thus, we (Vadagalai
SVs) have propoagted Prapatti through Acharya.

dAsan

K.S. tAtAchAr