You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Feb 2008

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00031 Feb 2008

Namaskaram

On Feb 3, 2008, at 1:45 AM, sanjeh kumar raman wrote:

Hi, I believe and truly love Lord Sree Hari. and I also realise the
importance of the Pancha Samskara. But my humble quest here are:

1) Is the ritual really that important? I mean, what if a devotee does
not go through it? Because I haven't gone through it yet..

2)Isn't bhakti alone enough to attain Lord Sree Hari's grace?In the
Gita, Bhagawan Sree Krishna says, if we offer even a leaf in
adoration@bhakti, he will accept it.. so does the importance of Pancha
Samskara really governs over our bhakti?

3) If you think going through Pancha Samskara is of utmost importance,
how and where do I go about it here in Malaysia?

srutih smrtih mamaivajna
yasyamullanghya vartate
ajnacchedi mama drohi
mad bhakto api vaisnavah

The Srutis and Smrtis convey My commands. Whoever violates them goes against scriptural dictates. Even if he be my devotee, he is by no means a Vaisnava.

If you have Bhakti or even if you don't have Bhakti, still you must follow the sastra. Sastra and Acharyas have prescribed panca samskara. So do it. Where is the difficulty?

As far as Malaysia is concerned, the sastra says that one should approach a guru. If no guru is available there then one may have to travel outside Malaysia to find one. As far as I know the only Sri Vaisnava giving panca samskara who travels outside of India is Sriman Chinna Narayana Jeer of Viajaywada. There is also a representative of Sri Perumbadur Jeer who gives panca samskara on his behalf in Sydney, Australia named Rama Ramanuja. Apart from these it would seem that one must visit India and seek out a guru.

adiyen ramanuja dasan

Keshava

Find out how you can get spam free email.
http://www.bluebottle.com/tag/3

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
srirangasri-subscribe@yahoogroups.com