You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Feb 2008

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00059 Feb 2008

Sri:

Sri RanganAthO Jayathi !

Dear SevakAs of the Sacred feet of Sri Ranganathan
of Sri Ranga Dhivya Desam :

The images relating to the two Kaimkaryams
at Srirangam and the background material
are enclosed :

(1) KulasEkhara Padi at Sri RanganAthan's Garbha Gruham
The first of these Kaimkaryams is the replacement of
the KulasEkhara AzhwAr Padi in front of the Garbha Gruham
under the PraNavAkAra VimAnam . Over hundreds of Years ,
the Current KulasEkara Padi got worn out and shows serious
damage ( Portions missing and big cracks ) . This is the Padi
from where KulasEkhara PerumAL wanted to enjoy the dhivya
Soundharyam of Sri BhUlOka Vaikunta Naathan . This is the step
over which Uthsavar Sri Ranganathan steps out on His myriads
of Uthsavam year after year . This must be the step overwhich
AchArya RaamAnuja and KurEsa crossed to be closer to
Lord RanganathAn for their MangaLAsAsanams . This must be
the step over which ANDAL and ThiruppANar crossed over to
join the Param JyOthi , Moolavar Sri RanganathAr .

This sacred Padi is thus very important for us . The Srirangam
DevasthAnam has given us permission to iniitate this Kaimkaryam
as Arangan adiyArs  .

You can see how damaged and worn out this Padi looks today :

Kulasekara Padi Today :

Our Prayer is to complete this Kaimkaryam before this year's
Panguni utthiram and present it to the Lord of Srirangam
ceelbrated  by the eleven AzhwArs and His innumerable
AchAryAs .

Needless to say that Kaimkaryams of this enormous significance
does not come our way every day . Once completed this Padi will
stay intact at the Garbha Gruham of the Lord for hundreds of Years .

Each time the archakar crosses over this  vital step to perform
the NithyArAdhanam , the Aarjitha PuNyam will come the way of
Your family and future generations . Please join in this rare opportunity
to serve the SarvalOka SaraNyan , Sri RanganAthan. Please send me
a note of pledge incase you wish to participate in this Kaimkaryam .
Your donations are tax free in USA and possibly in India once we
find the right Foundation to send and recieve these funds to initiate
this Kaimkaryam .

SIXTEEN PILLARED VASANTHA MANTAPAM

SECOND KAIMKARYAM AT SRIRANGAM TEMPLE
Many of You might know the Vasantha Mantapam at
Srirangam near AzhwAn SuRRu and near ThAyAr
Sannidhi .This is a 16 pillar Mantapam probably built
by Thirumangai Mannan or by a later day King . PerumAL
goes thru this Mantapam 18 times an year as told to me .

This Mantapam has seen the ravages of time . The roof
has cracked from the trees growing out of there . The Joints
have loosened up and need urgent repair .

The pictures of the current status of the Mantapam
are included below . You are most welcome to join in
this Kaimkaryam estimated to cost 50,000 Rupees only .

We need only 37,000 Rs at this time to reach the goal of
Rs.50,000 . Please let adiyEn know of your pledges for
the Lord of Srirangam to enjoy His visits to Vasantha
Mantapam .

16 Pillar Mandapam Today :

adiyEn,

Sri Ranganatha Daasan , V. Sadagopan