You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Jan 2002

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00012 Jan 2002

Jan 2002 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Sri RAmajayam
SrimathE GopAla DEsika MahA DEsikAya Namaha

Dear Sri.Rajagopalan,
AdiyEn's views are stated below(closely in line with
Sri.Anand Sampath Kumar and a few other Bhagavathaas) to share AdiyEn's
perception(ignorance) and more relevantly to get more educated on this
topic...

In general there is nothing wrong in having fear. Fear is a matter of the
servile personality and that itself fosters Seshatvam for being a good
Bhagavatha coupled with San Maargam. Immaterial of whether a person is
learned in SampradAyam or a novice, there is always the recognition that we
are all Sesha Bhutas to the Sarva Seshee, the Supreme, the Divya Dhampathi
Sriman Naarayana.

For a Sri Vaishnava, however the Fear should not be fear of punishment, as
we have to do everything in his name, order, pleasure and verily render the
fruits to him(Satvika Tyaagam). Thus there is absolutely no need for fear
(or doubt) of consequence. The fear is out of love and realization, it is
actually more of remorse and seeking his mercy like exclaiming.....

"Oh Lord what a supreme personality you are, you have no need for
anything, leave alone AdiyEn's alpa upachaaras. I do realize I have to
fulfill 40 Samskaaras in this life as per your divine order(Shastras), and
have to perform Ajnyaa Karmas and Anugnya Karmas for getting the immediate
opportunity and joy of serving you. This podiyan is short of those and am
yet doing what AdiyEn am not supposed to do(Bhagavad, Bhaagavatha, AsahyA
Apachaaram). With this realization, AdiyEn am ashamed and fear that I may
do this again. Please bless me with Paripoorna Bhakthi, Jnaana and
Vairaghyam so that I can be a good Sesha Bhutaa to you surrounded by
Bhagavad/Bhaagavad vishayam. Once I renounce this mortal coil, AdiyEn would
not have to fear myself, as I would be liberated from Samsaara by your
mercy, and do eternal Kaimkaryam to you, the Para VAsudEvan extolled in the
Shruthis-Smruthis-Ithihaasas-PurAnas and our beloved Poorvacharyas
Words/deeds/action and form"

Once again these are AdiyEn's views, and have to be ratified by the wisdom
of those who had learnt at the feet of our Acharyas.

AdiyEn noticed some free translations from the Bhagavad Geetha, posted by
someone in reply to you, however AdiyEn feel they are not in sync. with Sri
Vaishnava SampradAyic views(especially an apparent translation of Charama
Sloka).

AdiyEn Sri RAmAnuja DAsan,

Sudarsana Dasosmi

Home Page