You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Jan 2002

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00025 Jan 2002

Jan 2002 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Harihi Om

..................."For a Sri Vaishnava, however the Fear should not be fear of
punishment, as we have to do everything in his name, order, pleasure and verily
render the fruits to him(Satvika Tyaagam). Thus there is absolutely no need
for fear (or doubt) of consequence. The fear is out of love and realization,
it is
actually more of remorse and seeking his mercy like
exclaiming............................."

With all due respect ladies and gentlemen, I have a little difficulty in
understanding the above sentence especially, ...........the fear is out of love
and realization....part. A simple question was asked in a down-to-earth fashion
expecting a simple answer in defense of the argument. Why do we always have to
dance around a simple thing in life cloaking it in a lot of scriptural
references? Isn't this tendency of glamorizing everything with esoteric details
detrimental to popularizing our sampradayam to the beginners and or youngsters
who might be getting interested to know it a little better? And what is wrong in
taking a quotation in context from Bhagavadgita which is purported to be the
word of Krishna an incarnation of the Lord Narayana Himself? Haven't all the
three acharyas of the Sanatana Dharma written extensive commentaries on
Bhagavadgita which is perhaps more widely read and understood than any other
scriptural wing Veda, Upanishad or any other sectorial literature?

Adiyen Narayana Dasan

Keshava Prasad