You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Jan 2002

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00016 Jan 2002

Jan 2002 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear Sir,

I am very glad to note that the Srivaishanavites and other people in a foreign land are very much interested in performing all rituals /festivals connected to Sri Vaishnava Order, with deep sense of commitment and devotion. May the Divine couple Sri Hari bless you all and your undertakings.

On the other hand, I am very sorry to say that the glorious vaishnava tradition is slowly fading out in southern parts of the country. Most of the Divyadesams have no maintenance. Brahmins have become Vaishyas, and Vaishyas have become sudras. And sudras and panchamas have become rulers of the land. There has been a tremendous cinematic influence on the brahmin fold and other sections of the Society.

Is there anyone to think on these lines and guide the people. We too have great acharyas in our own times. There is a need for revival of vaishnava thought in the minds of youngsters. What steps have been taken to restore the Great Order?. Acharyas and brahmins in Madras are scared of doing anything openly.

In order to keep our tradition alive, I strongly feel that there is a need for compilation of a book consisting of day to day rituals (nithyaunsanthanam), various practices, and traditions of Brahmin with special reference to Sri Vaishnavas. One should know what are the basic differences between brahmins and other sections; and inturn between smarthas, vaishnavites and madhavas; the reasons therefor.

This is the age of science & technology. There is also a need for interpretation of vishistadvaita in terms of modern science & technology. I feel that our vedic texts have strong scientific base. We need a person like Dr. Krishnan. Dr Krishnan was not only a noted scientist but also an exponent of vaishnava philosophy.

I would request the Acharyas to take a lead and guide the people in a proper direction.

With regards,

Yours sincerely,

R.Parthiban

Home Page