You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Jan 2002

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00132 Jan 2002

Jan 2002 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

srImathE rAmAnujAya namaha
srImadh varavara munayE namaha

Dear Members,

Please pardon me for having accidentally hit the send button before
completing the same.

AzhwAr emberumAnAr jeeyar thiruvadigaLE saraNam
adiyEn rAmAnuja dAsan
Thirumalai Vinjamoor Venkatesh

srImathE rAmAnujAya namaha
srImadh varavara munayE namaha

Dear Sri Krishna,

Thanks for your foreword. Interestingly, today morning I tuned into Jaya TV
and they were telecasting a upanyAsam of Srimadh Azhagiasingar. As if to
clear our doubts , he clearly quoted the pAsuram "kAkkum iyalvinan kaNNa
perumAn..", means , it is kaNNan who has the 'saviour character' by nature.
So why to go to any other devathAs. Additionally he added, even within the
avatArAs of Sriman nArAyaNan, the best saviour is Narasimhan. Not Rama,
not Krishna. The reason is of course, it was only Narasimhan who destroyed
the enemy (HiraNyakasibhu) of His devotee (PrahalAdha) immediately when the
avathArA was made. Rama killed Ravana only at 37 years of age. Even
Krishna, when He killed the sakaTAsuran, He was either 4 or 5 months old as
told by Sri periyAzhwAr "nAlgaLOr nAlainthu thingaLaLavilE, thALai
nimirtthuch chagadatthaich chADippOi..."

While pondering over this the following pAsuram of ThiruvAimozhi and the
explanation given by Sri Velukkudi Krishnan swami came into my mind.

" AdiyAdi agam karainthu, isai
pAdip pAdik kaNNeermalgi - engum
nAdi nAdi narasingA enRu
vAdi vAdum ivvaNudalE"

Continuation.

Here, why the AzhwAr does not say " engum nAdi nAdi rAmA or KrishNa".
Because for the same reason as stated above by Srimadh Azhagiasingar, it
was only Narasimha who came to the help of His devotee immediately, true to
word of the same AzhwAr in another pAsuram "... angu appozhudE avan veeya
thOndRiya, en singappirAn perumai ArAyum seernaitthE".

I hope no more clarification is required after these words from the Jeeyar
swAmi.

AzhwAr emberumAnAr jeeyar thiruvadigaLE saraNam
adiyEn rAmAnuja dAsan
Thirumalai Vinjamoor Venkatesh

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia