You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Jan 2002

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00142 Jan 2002

Jan 2002 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

-----Original Message-----
From: Devanathan K [mailto:kdevanathan@xxxx]
Sent: Friday, January 25, 20028:03 AM
To: tvv1@xxxx; kkalale1@xxxx
Cc: raghav@xxxx; SriRangaSri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [SriRangaSri] Question related to Bharniyasanam

Dear sri Devanathan,

I like toknow the difference in speed at which the Lord protected different devotees :

Dhruva : 6 months
Prahlada:several years ( since as you mentioned: when he got tortured in different ways the Lord did not appear)
Draupadi:probably in a kshanam due to distress call.  I am not sure about draupadi's prior efforts or bhakti yogam
arjuna: dont know?
the elephant gajendra : several yugas - since the devotee in the past janma, who became an elephant due to curse, fought with the crocodile for several yugas according to srimadbhagatam and then got the purva janma jnanam and cried :" adimoolame".

others can cry adimoolame even knowing this issue,  but I think it depends on the karma of each individual and the real bhakti in that person for the lord to answer right away.  Sri krishnapremi maharaj mentions this in his bhagavatam lectures - that it is really the amount of bhakti people have which will make the difference.  we say "narayana" even while eating or sitting down. we could even be doing nama sankirtham with all bhakti we have with tears in our eyes ( I mean real feeling in our hearts too) . Though, I am sure there may be a glimpse of assurance provided internally by the Lord by some kind of peace of mind or even some internal revelation of some sort to some lucky devotees, direct pratyaksham of perumal like that of Prahladan or Dhruvan etc. is really a gift for the bhakti yogis of the highest order.  No wonder that bhakti margam is so difficult to many and probably easy to the folks who have the realization from purva janma samkaras.  Unless one has completely burned all the karmas vision of God will not be continuous.

One thingcommon to all these devotees is that they probably are closer to bhakti yogis rather than prapannas.  for example sri Prahlada was asked to meditate for 12000 years more after he experienced the nrisimhavataram, which probably indicates the amount of prarabhdham or some thing which might have been left out.  THis brings another question as to what happens to statements such as " bhidyate hridaya granthih chiddhyante sarva samsayah.... tasmin driste paravare" - ie. all knots of doubts are cut asunder when he is seen".  I guess Prahladan had no doubts from that point though he lived for 12000 years after seeing Nrisimhar.

adiyen Krishna

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
srirangasri-subscribe@yahoogroups.com