You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Jan 2004

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00074 Jan 2004

Jan 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear Srinath Venkatakrishnan:

Thank you for your kind observations....I enjoy
listening to all slokas, divya prabandham, etc... and
where possible join in the singing.  When one becomes
so overwhelmed with his or her own kind is better than
the other's that person's knowledge [Veda] is close to
ignorance practised with arrogance.  It is unfortunate
that we have that worldwide - and most conflicts are
as a result of that.

Regards,

Neelameggham

--- Srinath Venkatakrishnan
<srinath_venkatakrishnan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear SriVaishnavaites,
>

> On last Sunday, (Jan 11) I was blessed to visit
> tiruveLLikEni temple and had divyadarsanam of
> swami?s thirumanjanam. Koshti of swamis were
> reciting Upanishad for thirumanjanam. I also was
> reciting but no one objected. In the crowd,  I saw
> one of the devotees who had come with the family and
> was reciting Upanishad. But as he belongs to
> vadakalai sampradaya, one of the swamis came over
> immediately and stopped him reciting. Being from
> thennacharya sampradayam myself, I felt bad as I saw
> him as an srivaishnavaite only and that too who knew
> Vedas. I heard that viceversa reservations are shown
> in tiruveLLur for thennacharya sampradayis. I
> strongly feel that there should be only a
> philosophical reason for these divisions.
>

> My question to the enlightened group here is how
> come we are divided like this as both sampradayams
> accept Srimad Ramanuja as Acharya. And in his life
> we see that he was enlightened by thirukachi swami
> and maaranEri nambi who were from the so called low
> caste. For the insult done to his acharya thirukachi
> nambi swami, srimad Ramanuja took a decision to walk
> out of the family even. But by having and practising
> these type of above mentioned actions at temples,
> are we not insulting Srimad Ramanuja?.
>

> Then what is the use of praising alwars like
> nammalwar, tirupaaNaazwar etc and reciting
> nambaaduvaan's history when we cant practise the
> same. When nammalwar or nambaaduvaan appears now and
> , will we treat them like this? I feel so as we are
> not practising what our great acharya Ramanuja said.
>

> Forgive me as i have busted out with pain. But this
> is  not an emotional outburst. Being an youngster, I
> seek the elders to enlighten me on this.
>

>  Thanks,
>

> Srinath

> removed]

To visit your group on the web, go to: