You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Jan 2004

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00072 Jan 2004

Jan 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear SriVaishnavaites,

On last Sunday, (Jan 11) I was blessed to visit tiruveLLikEni temple and had
divyadarsanam of swami?s thirumanjanam. Koshti of swamis were reciting
Upanishad for thirumanjanam. I also was reciting but no one objected. In the
crowd,  I saw one of the devotees who had come with the family and was reciting
Upanishad. But as he belongs to vadakalai sampradaya, one of the swamis came
over immediately and stopped him reciting. Being from thennacharya sampradayam
myself, I felt bad as I saw him as an srivaishnavaite only and that too who
knew Vedas. I heard that viceversa reservations are shown in tiruveLLur for
thennacharya sampradayis. I strongly feel that there should be only a
philosophical reason for these divisions.

My question to the enlightened group here is how come we are divided like this
as both sampradayams accept Srimad Ramanuja as Acharya. And in his life we see
that he was enlightened by thirukachi swami and maaranEri nambi who were from
the so called low caste. For the insult done to his acharya thirukachi nambi
swami, srimad Ramanuja took a decision to walk out of the family even. But by
having and practising these type of above mentioned actions at temples, are we
not insulting Srimad Ramanuja?.

Then what is the use of praising alwars like nammalwar, tirupaaNaazwar etc and
reciting nambaaduvaan's history when we cant practise the same. When nammalwar
or nambaaduvaan appears now and , will we treat them like this? I feel so as we
are not practising what our great acharya Ramanuja said.

Forgive me as i have busted out with pain. But this is  not an emotional
outburst. Being an youngster, I seek the elders to enlighten me on this.

 Thanks,

Srinath

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/VkWolB/TM