From: Vasudevan VK [mailto:vasuchak@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 6:36 AM
To: Krishna Kashyap; 'Rajagopalan Narayan'; srirangasri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [SriRangaSri] on charanagathi

Dear Bhagavatas:
Those who wish to offer their inputs or other comments on the issue may post
SRS_Satsangam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As only members can post, they should make sure that they are members of
this
group. If not already joined, they may join by sending email to-
SRS_Satsangam-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Modearator
Asmath Gurubhyo Namaha
Shrimathey Ramanujaaya Namaha
Shrimathey Nigamaantha Mahaa Deshikaaya Namaha

I would like to touch upon a couple of things mentioned in the mails below.
So far as my knowledge goes, there are 7 chiranjeevis in the Srivaishnava
tradition and they are:

   Ashwathama
   Bali
   Vyasa
   Hanuman
   Vibhishana
   Parashurama
   Kripacharya

Prahlada doesn't belong to this category. We all should be saying their
names every Saturday when we have the oil bath too.

I would agree with Kashyap Swami that there is no rebirth for anybody in
Shri Vaikuntam due to karma or praarabdham. However, they can take
incarnations as Acharyas or Azhwars out of their own volition. The case of
Jaya and Vijaya pertains to Vishnu Lokam and not Shri Vaikuntam.

Elders please clarify.

Asmath Gurubhyo Namaha

Krishna Kashyap <krishna@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear friends,

I did ask HH Azhagiasingar briefly about this issue; I do stand
corrected.

As per my understanding:

1. vibhisana saranagati is for nitya kainkaryam.  Probably the exact
format of this is not clearly known.
2. prahlada is a chiranjeevi and by his mahima he could be born as
vibhisana / vidura.

3. for people like prahlada, it is not possible to clearly
differentiate, whether he was a bhaktiyogi  or prapannan.

Adiyen Krishna Kashyap