You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Mar 2005

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00080 Mar 2005

Mar 2005 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:
SrImathE Gopaladesika mahadesikaya namah:

Dearest Srivaishnavas,

Today is Panguni Utthiram day.. Today, on the panguni
utthiram day, Lord RanganAtha (namperumAL) appears
along with our mAthA pirAtti Sri RanganAyaki thAyAr
and on only this day, one can have this sEtthi sEvai
(darshan of Divya dampathis together) in a year. Let
us meditate the Lotus feet of Sriya:pathi Sriman
Narayanan and surrender to Them and on this day, Our
YathirAjar Sri Bhagawadh Ramanujamuni was self- lost
in the all-auspicious ambience pervading the Mandapam
and indicted the three prose prayers- SaraNAgathy
Gadyam, Sri Ranga Gadyam and Sri VaikunTa Gadyam, when
he witnessed the Graceful Most Compassionate Divya
Dampathi?s Setthi Sevai.

A few paragraphs- I have extracted from Saranagathy
Gadyam and let us enjoy the Bliss reading them! In
SaraNAgathy Gadyam, Sri Ramanuja first surrenders to
PiraaTTi appeals to Her for Her recommendation.

1. Bhagavan NarAyaNa ......... saraNa maham
prapadhyE..

Meaning: Sri MahAlakshmi has got all the attributes,
the thirumEni, its specialities, the kalyANa GuNAs,
which the Lord likes always; Not even a second, she
gets separated from the Lord; Blemishless; the
pattamahishi of dEvAthi dEvan; the mother for the
entire universe; and my mother too; Such greatest
mother Sri mahAlakshmi- I, who has no other shelter or
protector, take refuge at her lotus feet.

Requesting Sri mahAlakshmi to recommend to Lord Sri
RanganAtha:

2. pAramArtthika...... asthumE..

Meaning: Parabhakti, ParaGnAnam and Paramabhakti are
the permanent means to hold the Lord's Lotus feet.
With those Bhakti, one can get the divine experience
and Bhagavath anubhavam which is the only one to be
desired and nothing else; From that Bhagavadh
anubhavam, the "NILAIYAANA KAINKARYAM" (eternal
servitude) to the Lord. For getting that sort of
attitude and the bhakti, one shall perform SARANAGATHI
at the Lotus feet of namperumAL. O mAthA! ,Please
bless me to obtain such bent of mind to do SARANAGATHI
at all times; with no gap absolutely.

PiraTTi acknowledges:

3. asthuthE.....Let it happen as you asked for.

4. Thayaiva sarvam sampathyathE With that saraNagathi,
you are going to get EVERY sampath (wealth whatever).

(Sri YathirAjar after describing the beauties of the
guNAs, the ornaments, the weapons, praises the Lord
Himself and surrenders to Him!)

Oh Lord! The One who has all that He can think of; who
can achieve all that He can attempt; The one who is a
parabrahman; uttamapurushan; who rules all unlimited,
unbounded beings and non-beings; Sri mahAlakshmi
nAyakA!,NarAyaNA; Sri vaikutanAthA; The one who is an
ocean of kArunyam, sowseelyam, vAtsalyam,
AudhAryam,Sowndharyam; The one who does not see the
level and protects everyone equally; who wipes the
sufferings of bhaktALs; who removes bhaktAs' mistakes;
who knows the truths of all matters; movable ones, non
movable ones-He commands them at all times; who is the
support for the entire Universe; who is a swAmi for
the entire Universe; And also my swAmi; Who has
everything with Him; who can get whatever He thinks;
who is different from others (except Him); who is like
a kaRpakatharu for those who beg Him; who is a friend
in need; one who never separates Himself from pirAtti;
Sriman NarAyaNA; one who is the only refuge for those
who are in need of support; Such Sri NarAyaNA! I
surrender into your two Lotus feet.

Pitharam... gruhANi cha..

O BhagawAn! I have left the bonds of bodily relations
like father, mother, wife, children,
bhandhus(relatives), friends, Gurus(who teach me
material things), rathinangaL (wealth),danadhAnyangaL.
Properties, Houses, DharmangaL, and all others.., and
now I have surrendered to your feet, TrivikramA!

TvamEvadEva sodum..

DEvAdhi dEvA! You are my mother; my father; my
relative; my Guru; my knowledge; my matter; my every
thing; One who has unparalleled good
qualities; One who is a father of all movable and
immovable, living and non living beings; You are the
only one who can be worshipped; You are the only one
who can be a Teacher; Hence, You are the GREATEST;

When there is not even an equal person to match You;
How can there someone be greater than You(There CAN
NOT BE).

Hence, I have placed my human body flat on the ground
and prostrate at your feet considering You as my Lord,
the one who is worshippable. Consider me as a son to a
father; as a friend to another friend; as a wife to a
husband; and bear all my mistakes, blunders which I
have committed.

(Our Sri RamanujA thus prostrated to Sriya: pathi and
begged to be forgiven by the Lord).

ManOvAkkAyai..kShamasva..

10&11.Through the mind, Language and the body, from
time immemorial (for so many births), the mistakes,
blunders (apachArams) have been committed;that too,
tremendous, infinite number of apachArams- doing the
ones which should not have been done; not doing the
ones which should be done as per shAstrAs; committing
apachArams to the Lord; to the BhAgavathALs;
committing unforgivable, unpardonable apachArams; -All
of these, O Lord,Please show mercy on me and forgive
me for my such
mistakes. Out of these apachArams, some have already
started giving me results; some have not yet yielded
results; some have been committed in the past; some
are being done in the present; and some may even be
committed in the future; - Please forgive me for all
these apachArams. With regards to Atman, Worldly
things, I have been having a misconception and having
a "vibhareetha GnAnam", for quite a long time (for so
many births); All these wrong GnAnams and
misconceptions, which I possess, and will possess-
Please forgive me them also.

BHAGAWAAN REPLIES:

Evambhootha mathkainkarya....kinkarO bhavishyasi..

17.Like that, you may not possess or have any means to
get Nitya kainkaryam to Me; you may have committed
numerous apachArams to Me; and to My bhAgavathALs; you
may have committed unpardonable apacharams; you
may have possessed vibhareetha ahankAram and
vibhareetha gnAnam and hidden the "Real" swaroopam of
the soul; You may have got WRONG (vibhareetha)
thoughts for ages (for so many births); you may
possess
sathva, rajasa, thAmasa guNAs and also are bound by
sukha, dukkangaL (pleasure and sorrows); their
causes-the origin of such vibhareetha
thoughts;- you are being troubled and disturbed
greatly by the above things and obstruct you to get
the "paripoorNa parabhakti, paragnAnam and
paramabhakti; - In spite of all these, even though,
you have all the above, JUST BECAUSE SOME WAY (may be,
inadvertently), YOU HAVE RECITED DWAYA MANTHRAM;

and Hence, With My Grace and Mercy, you will get rid
of all hurdles; worries and troubles coming in the way
to obtain para bhakti and para gnAnam and parama
bhakti; With My Grace, you will be blessed with My
Swaroopam, GuNam, Roopam, Perumai, LeelAs etc., and
you will see Them in person; you will be My servant
and you will enjoy Me ONLY; you will realize that
realizing Me and Serving Me ONLY GIVES you HAPPINESS
AND
BLISS; For ever, permanently, with no other material
benefit or desire, you will LOVE to serve Me;
Experiencing Me and Great Love and Bhakti,
affection arising in you out of that Rich Experience
will come to you BY MY GRACE; you will always
PERENNIALLY LOVE TO SERVE ME AND GET BLESSED; you will
be keen on That only;

18. This section is an assuring answer by the Lord to
a question that Sri Ramanuja has in mind :When do I
start such a kaimkaryam? You have already started
BEING like that.

19.Keep uttering Dwaya manthram and be aware of ITS
MEANING; get over even the semblance of ALL these
HURDLES; Live like that HAPPILY in SRIRANGAM till your
body is worn out and will not house YOU ANY MORE;

20.When your body falls down, you will shine BRIGHT BY
MY GRACE and you will see My Darshan and You will be
GREATLY INQUISITIVE to see Me and Reach Me to Serve
Me; and you will shed the BODY like removing the old
cloth; you will get All Bhakti for Me Due to My Grace;
You will get "Nitya Kainkaryam" for Me; and you will
Not desire anything other than the bliss and happiness
of performing Nitya Kainkaryam;

21.Have No Doubts about This (mA thE bhoothathra
samsaya:)

22. I have NEVER UTTERED FALSEHOOD; Nor will I ever;
Rama Never Talks Twice; "Once, whoever surrenders to
Me and says "I am Your Servant", I
Give "abhaYam" to All such Beings";

23.SACRIFICE ALL FRUITS OF YOUR KARMA AND SURRENDER TO
ME ALONE; RENOUNCE OTHER MEANS OF ATTAINING ME; I
SHALL DELIVER YOU FROM ALL YOUR ALL SINFUL REACTIONS.
DO NOT FEAR OR LAMENT.
(SarvadharmAn ... mA sucha:)

24. Athas thwam thava.. sukhamAswa..

Hence, you, the one who has joined Me, will know Me as
I am, will see as I am and will reach Me as I am and
shall HAVE NO DOUBTS AT ALL ABOUT IT; Live Happily
Till then.

Thanjam adaindha nam RamanujanE thanjam.

Our Kula pathi SrI SatakOpar- Nammazhwar's saranagathi
verse [pf agalagillEn] is the essence of the divya
prabhandhams of the Azhwars .  In his verses ,
Nammazhwar acknowledges the supermacy of Sri Venkatesa
over all Gods and states that the Lord of seven hills
is his father, mother , friend and every thing else in
this universe. The Azhwar states that he can not
conceive of ever being separated from Sri Venkatesa ,
now that he has been untied with the Lord . He
declares that Lord Venkatesa is the primordial force
and the lasting truth of this universe.

This greatest pasuram of NammaazhwAr ? we will enjoy
later: this pAsuram is the essence of Dwaya manthram.
AlarmEl mangai: SrI. aghalagillEn- math (Sri + math).
Nigaril pughazhaay... ThiruvEngadatthaanE... NarayaNa.

unnadikkeezh- charaNau. amarndhu pugundhEnE....SaraNam
PrapadyE.;

This is an extraordinary pasuram wherein the AzhwAr
approaches the Lord with the mediation of Sri
Mahalkshmi through abject Saranagathi.

Connection between Sri Ranganathan and Sri Srinivasan:

Sri Ranganthan alone stood in Thirumala.. as
ThiruvEmkatamudaiyaan- Says ThiruppANAzhwAr..

Paasuram 3 of Amalanaadhipiraan : Mandhi paay --

The Lord reclining on the serpent couch in Srirangam
is the Lord , who stands on top of  the great Venkatam
mountain in the north , where monkeys run hither and
thither . He stands there  so that  the celestials
(and humans ) may meet Him there . My mind's sweet
soul rests on the twilight - coloured garment of
that Lord ( RanganAthA ) and His shining NAVEL  above
it , which created the (four-faced ) BrahmA .

As per Bhaagawatha aagnyA [instruction from Sri
Sadagopan Swamin] adiyEn ventures into the series of
ThiruvEmkatamudiayaan as enjoyed by AzhwArs. May Lord
Sri padmavathI SamEtha Sri Srinivasan Bless this
kaimkaryam and [though laughing at adiyEn?s
disqualifications and the rashness of the attempts]
make it complete through adiyEn- seelamilla siRiyOn-
this lowliest soul- as an instrument;

All errors, mistakes are entirely mine; if there is
anything good, it is due to the rich anubhavam of
AzhwArs; glory of Thirumalai Srinivasan and the Tamil
manuscript written by Sri Sadagopan Swamin; and the
other reference great books adiyEn is referring to add
fragrance to this naar [thread that links these
fragrant flowers]

SrI PadmaavathI samEtha Sri Srinivasa ParabrahmaNE
Namah:
Acharyan ThiruvaDigaLE SaraNam
Regards
Namo Narayana