You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Mar 2007

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00105 Mar 2007

Mar 2007 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:
SrImathE Gopaladesika mahadesikaya nama:

Dearest all,

Continuing on the wonderful verses on Srirangam by
Kulasekara PerumAL?

maavinaivaay piLanthugantha maalai vElai
vaNNaNaien kaNNaNaivan kunRa mEnthi
aavinaiyan RuyakkoNta aaya rERRai
amarar_kaLthan^ thalaivanaian^ thamizhi Nninpap
paavinaiav vadamozhiyaip paRRaR Raar_kaL
payilarangath tharavaNaiyil paLLi koLLum
kOvinain^aa vuRavazhutthi enRan kaikaL
koymmalar_thooy enRukolO kooppum naaLE
  1.4

The horse faced Kesi asuran?s mouth was torn and
killed by the Lord, enjoying that the enemy of His
devotees is gone?; the Lord who is endearing to His
bhakthAs and who is loving and caring towards His
devotees; The One who is blue hued like the deep
ocean; my sowlabhyan; sowseelyan the Cowherd Boy
KaNNan; The Chief of cowherd folks who protected them
by lifting the Govardhana mountain effortlessly when
Devendran has sent torrential downpour to punish the
cowherd group; The Master and Swami of Nithyasuris;
The Lord of Srirangam where His darling devotees ? the
jnAna bhakti vairaagya anushtAthAs- reside permanently
enjoying Him- when will I able to offer my praises to
Him in the sweet chaste Tamil language and the most
beautiful and majestic Sanskrit verses with my tongue
seasoning due to my repeated utterances and offer
flowers with my hands and my anjali to the One who
reclines on ThiruvananthAzhwAn?

Swami Parasara Bhattar refers to this anjali in his
Gunarathna kosam

Sriyai samastha chidhachith vidhAna vyasanam HarE:
 angIkAribhi: aalOkai: saarTanthyai KruthOnjali:"

(Meaning as per Dr.V.N.VedAntha Desikan Swami): "This
anjali , the supplicant posture of the two palms (of
the hands) is submitted to the great MahA LakshmI. It
is Her majestic look of approval that adds
a meaning and a sense of fruition to the task of
governance of the Universe , creating it , protecting
it, etc., that the Lord achieves , at some strain
,(let us say so!), as if He does all this only to
please Her! The great creator functions for the
pleasure and approval of Sri RanganAyakI!  To Her , my
anjali !".

Sri RanganayikA samEtha Sri Ranganatha ParabrahmaNE
Namah
AzhwAr ThiruvaDigaLE SaraNam
Regards
Namo narayana