You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Mar 2009

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00025 Mar 2009

Mar 2009 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:

Dear VedhAbhimAnis:

68th Mantram Introduction:

This mantram provides a prayer for the Sooryans with 8 forms to save the upAsakan from untimely death and seperation from the twin relationships
( maa nO mithunagum reeDvam) just as the rays of the sun are not divided
amongst themselves.

68th Mantram Text:

athAdhityasayAshtapurushasya
vasUnA-mAdhityaanagumsthAnE- svatEjasA bhAni
RudhrANAmAdhityAnAgum sthAnE -svatEjasA bhAni
AadhityAnAm-AdhityAnagum sthAnE-
svatEjasA bhAni
satAgum satyAnAm
AdhityAnAgum sthAnE svatEjasA bhAni
abhidhUnvatA-mabhignatAm
VaatavatAm marutAm
AdhityAnagum sthAnE svatEjasA bhAni
rubhUNAmAdhityAnAgum sthAnE- svatEjasA bhAni
ViSvEshAm dhEvAnAm
AdhityAnagum sthAnE svatEjasA bhAni
samvatsarasya savitu:
Adhityasya sthAnE svatEjasA bhAni
Om bhUrbhuvasva:
raSmayO vO mitunam maa nO mithunagum reeDvam

Word by word Meaning of the 68th Mantram

atha ashta purushasya Adhityasya= from here on the mantrams of the Sooryan in the eight forms( are presented).

(1) VasUnAmAdiyAnAgum sthAnE svatEjasA bhAni=May I be blessed to
shine with my own tejas while residing in the world of Sooryan with the form of the eight Vasus !

(2) RudhrANAmAdhityAnAgum sthAnE svatEjasA bhAni= May I be blessed to reside in the world of Sooryan with eleven forms of Rudra and shine there
with my own tEjas !

3)AdhityAnAm-AdhityAnAgum sthAnE svatEjasA bhAni=May I shine with my own lustre in the Soorya lOkam , where Sooryan is in the form of twelve AdityAs!

4) SathAgum satyAnAm AdhityAnAgum sthAnE svatEjasA bhAni=May I shine with my own lustre in the Soorya lOkam, where Sooryan is in the form of the pious ( sadhus) who adhere to Satyam ( truth).

5)abhidhUnvatAm-abhignatAm VaatavatAm marutAm AdhityAnAgum sthAnE svatEjasA bhAni=May I shine with my own lustre in the world of Sooryan , where reside the wind dEvathAs , who scatter the clouds to all corners (abhidhUnvatAM) and also kill men (abhignatAm) !

6) RubhUNAmdhityAnAgum sthAnE svatEjasA bhAni=My I shine with my own tEjas in the world of Sooryans taking the form of rupu gaNams ( assembly of rpus) !

7)ViSvEshAm dEvAnAm AdhityAnAgum sthAnE svatejasA bhAni= May I shine with my own tEjas in the world of SooryAs taking the form of VisvE dEvAs !

8) savitu: samvatsarasya Adhityasya sthAnE svatEjasA bhAni=May I also shine with my own lustre in the world of Sooryans represented by the samvatsara roopa Kaala dEvatai !

Om bhUrbhuvasva:=Oh rays of Sooryan existing as bhu , Bhuvar and svarga lOkam encompassing the meaning of OmkAra Parabrhamam !

rasmaya: Va: mithunam  na: mithunammaa reeDvam=Oh Soorya KiraNams(rays) staying united ! May thou bless our twin relationships ( Progeny, cattle, wealth) in our world to stay united !

Introduction to the 69th Mantram

A prayer similar to the above mantram
( --sthAnE svatEjasA bhAni) is extended to the eight Sooryans starting from ArOgan to KaSyapan.The upAsakan wishes to be spared from the sorrow of untimely death of himselfand the disconnect with his BhandhUs,
cattle and wealth .

Text of the 69th Mantram

ArOgasya sthAnE svatEjasA bhAni
bhrAjasya sthAnE svatEjasA bhAni
PaDarasya sthAnE svatEjasA bhAni
Patangasya sthAnE svatEjasA bhAni
svarNarasya sthAnE svatEjasA bhAni
jyOthisheematasya sthAnE sva tEjasA- bhAni
VibhAsasya svatEjasA bhAni
KaSyapasya sthAnE svatEjasA bhAni
Om bhUrbhussva:
ApO vO mithunam reeDvam

Word by word meanings of the 69th Mantram

ArOgasya sthAnE svatEjasaa bhAni= May I reside in the world of ArOgan , one of the eight Sooryans and shine there with my own tEjas !

BhrAjasya--bhAni, PaDarasya --bhAni,
Patangasya--bhAni , SvaraNarasya--bhAni ,JyOthisheematsasya --bhAni,
VibhAsasya--bhAni, KaSyapasya sthAnE
svatEjasA bhAni=May I shine with my own tEjas in the lOkams of the other seven Sooryans as well with the names BhrAjan (BHrAja Soorya lOkam), PaDaran , Patangan , SvarNaran , JyOthishmatan, VibhAsan and Kasyapan !

The world of 8 Sooryans and their locations vis a vis Kasyapa Sooryan
( the eighth one) going around the Mahaa Meru mountain was covered in the 7th anuvAkam, 20th Mantram .

Om BhUrbhuvassva:=The ParamAtmA , the meaning of OmkAram spreads as BhU,Bhuvar and Svarga lOkams.

AapO vaa mithunam mAnO mithunagum reeDvam=Oh Soorya Bhagavann! Please bless our union with the worlds of progeny , cattle and other wealth not to be rent asunder !

NamO Veda PurushAya,
DhAsan , Oppiliappan Koil V,Sadagopan

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia