You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - May 2003

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00015 May 2003

May 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear Bhagavatas:
I have included a Glossary as an Annexure to my book "Hinduism
Rediscovered"whhich will clear your doubts on many of the terms.

Another Annexure gives the time-line of both Srivaishnavam in particular and
Hinduism in general on the one hand and the World in general and the U.S.A. in
particular on the other.

These were not posted earlier in any lists.

If Bhagavatas express their interst,by sending emails to
"Ramanbil@xxxx" I will have them posted in "Srirangasri".
Dasoham
Anbil Ramaswamy

Hello Group moderators,

For many neo-vaishnavaites, of which group I consider
myself as one, it would help immensely if a glossary
of terms was available.

nirguna brahman, vishist-advaita, advaitin, sankalpa
yoga etc., are words which ring a bell but do not
convey itself to many new members.

As the great Sri Rajagopalachari says in the forward
of "Bhaja Govindam" chant by MS, Bhakti without Gnana
is a mere tinsel.

Many of us are keenly interested in this gorup but may
not possess the same level of understanding as an
experienced follower of Vishist-advaita. For the
benefit of many of us learners, I request a glossary
of terms to be posted at the Group welcome page which
we can access.

This is my humble request.

Adiyen,
ravi.