You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - May 2005

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00092 May 2005

May 2005 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Gnyanandamayam DEvam nirmal spatikAkrithim
AAdhAram sarva vidyanam Sri Hayagrivam upAsmahE!

Jai Sriman Narayana!

I think both might be right. Sriman Narayana is SriKrishna and Sri Krishna is
Sriman Narayana.
In Pramapadam (Sri Vaikuntam), He is Sriman Narayana when in koluvu (sabha) and
Sri Krishna when playing.

Our Acharyas often refer to this paramapada nathan as Para Vasudevam.

He is Narayana [ Narayana ParaBrhama sarva kArana kAranam..]. He is Sri Krishna
[Brahmanyo Devakee Puro...].

This pramapadam (Sri Vaikntam) is the nithya vibhoothi or Parmanent abode.
There is also a Sri Vaikuntam in the leela vibhoothi (Gajendra rakshan came
form here), and Sanaka, Sanandadi brothers visited this.  In addition, there
has been a mention of the creation of Vaikunta planet  in our universe, by Sri
Vikunta (an incarnation of Lord Sriman Narayana).

While Sriman Narayana and Sri Krishna are one and the same original
persanality, the Goloka Vrindavanam mentioned in Bramha samhitha appears to be
in the svetha dweepam (an island) in the midst of viraja river which seprates
the Nithya vibhoothi and leela vibhoothi.  However, Krishna may be also playing
with go-gopikas in the nithya vibhoothi Sri Vaikuntam.

Thus, THERE IS NO CONFLICT between the two segments of the Vaishnava community.
He is beyond the Vedas.

With all glories to Lord Sri Venkateswara, I remain,

SIncerely
Narender Reddy

Vasan Sriranga Chari <vasan_chari_hk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 SRIMATE RAMANUJAYA NAMAHA
As per vedic scriptures  Sriman Narayana is the paratvam. Sri Nammalvar says in
his TIRUVAIMOZHI that sriman Narayana HIMSELF came as Sri Krishna with  HIS
power & glory intact.ANGU VAITU ENGU PIRANDA PIRAN.Hence unlike some of  His
other avatarams ,Sri Krishnavataram is a poornavataram.
Srimad Bhagvatam says KRISHNASTU BHAGVAN SWAYAM.The goudiya people have
interpreted this sentence to mean that SriKrishna is  not a avataram OF Sriman
Narayana.
Also Jayadeva sings in his GEETA GOVINDAM that Krishna took all the other
avatarams.
As far as we srivaishnavites are concerned, krishna is the greatest avatara of
SRIMAN NARAYANA where all His glories were explicit.
dasan

http://us.click.yahoo.com/hjtSRD/3MnJAA/i1hLAA/VkWolB/TM