From: TCA Venkatesan [mailto:vtca@xxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 7:23 AM
To: Srirangasri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [SriRangaSri] Re: Is not God above desire? Why then a desire
for "Leela"?

Sri:
Srimathe Ramanujaya Nama:

Dear BhAgavatas,

Pardon me if I am wrong, but adiyEn always thought that
avApta samasta kAman meant that He is one who has all
His desires fulfilled (or that He has no desires
unfulfilled). If that is the case, the original
question would be incorrectly phrased, as the question
says that He is above desires. Perhaps desire in the
sense that we understand it, is not the right word to
use for Him. The answer might be that it is His wish
to have a leela and His wish is fulfilled. I look to
the bhAgavatas to correct my rambling.

adiyEn madhurakavi dAsan
TCA Venkatesan

--- Narender Reddy <reddynp@xxxx> wrote:
> Dear Bhagavatas:
> The point raised, I believe, is that God has no need to
> "desire".
> (avaapta samasta kaama:).Why should he "desire" anything
> at all?.
> Does this not amount to God's deriving a sadistic
> pleasure in making
> jeevas to play a role and seek to torment them for such
> role
> if does not fit into his regimen (Sastras)
> This has not been answered.
> Can anyone address this specific question?
> Moderator

----------

If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply
Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing
or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is
strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.

Visit us at http://www.cognizant.com

Home Page