From: "Srikanth H.R." <hrsriks@xxxx>
To: Ram Anbil <Ramanbil@xxxx>
Subject: Re: [SriRangaSri] On God?s desire.
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 20:53:06 -0800 (PST)

Respected/Dear Sri Anbil Swamin,

My name is Srikanth, residing in Bangalore.
I want to ask one more question here supporting
the original question on God's desire.
But I will go by Swami Desikan's sampradayam.
A few members in the list may not agree with it.
Hence I am writing to you personally. Please
see if it is ok to post it on the lists. You can
also make deletions wherever you deem fit.

I want to mention first that i am a novice in
sastric matters. All I know is that SrimanNarayana
is Supreme and we all should dedicate our lives to
Him.

Here is my question.

At the beginning of creation, according to my
understanding, everything (cit and acit) was a
bundle without any forms/shapes (asat). Now SriHari
gave bodies to all jivas and gave them a chance to
reach him. This is out of His infinite mercy.
Now according to our sampradayam, unless a jiva
"WILLS" for Him, Srihari will not grant his grace.
This is the concept of Sahetuka+nirhetuka krupa.
Please correct me if I am wrong. With this in mind,
a jiva can argue thus..

"Oh God, I do not will to come to you. Leave me
as this bundle (asat) as I am. I do not want a
body because even if you give me a body, i will
enjoy earthly pleasures as I have no desire to
reach you. So you being omniscient, can see that
I will merely suffer on earth if you give me a
body. So please leave me in this state of asat".

Inspite of this if God creates a body for the jiva,
then it means He "DESIRES" to have leela. Also,
he wants the jiva to be liberated AGAINST the jiva's
wishes which is not true according to Swami Desikan's
sampradayam.

Please enlighten me. Even if I donot understand this
doubt, I will continue to try and dedicate my
life to SriHari and our Acharya-Azhwars. :-)
This is a question arising out of curiosity and
nothing else.

Swami Desikan tiruvadigale saranam,
dasan,
Srikanth