You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Nov 2002

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00105 Nov 2002

From: vedanta desikan <kavitaarkikasimhan@xxxx>
To: Ram Anbil <ramanbil@xxxx>
Subject: Re: [SriRangaSri] Doubts on Nyasa Dasakam
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 15:23:57 +0000 (GMT)

Respected Swamin.
pranams.
I understand the question thus why SWami desika use the words Aham etc when he says that The Lord Himself do Prapati in the 3rd verse "Swamin svasesham....." etc
The reply given earlier was thus

IN Nyasa Dasakam Swami Desika emphesis the way of prapati
in the 1st sloka he says that a jivatma should surrender to HIm it is juat like a vidhiit is obvious from the word Nikshipet. the second sloka is just like a sankalpa NYsyami....etc In this sloka Swami emphesise the five angass of Saranagati . so this sloka meens that " me having the five angas surender to u"
3rd one is just like Satvigathyaga Bagavaneve......Karayati
in the 4th real saranagati is shown
from the 5th to the last but one Uttarakrtyam is prayed
the last is again Sattvigathyaga just like Bhagavaneve...... karitavan.
So there is no contradiction between the third and other verses
dasan kasyapah
plz forword this letter to srirangasri groups
dasn
kasyapah

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia