You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Oct 2003

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00008 Oct 2003

Shrimathye Nigamaantha Mahaa Deshikaaya Namaha

Maayanai mannu vada madurai maindhanai
thooya peru neer yamunaithuraivanai
aayar kulathinil thoandrum anivilakkai
thaayaikkudal vilakkam seidha daamodaranai
thooyomaai vandhu naam thoomalar thoovithozhudhu
vaayinaal paadi manaththinaal sindikka
poaya pizhaiyum pugudharuvaan ninnanavum
theeyinil doosaagum cheppaelor embaavaai

Nachiyar is categorical that if we act according to her instructions in this
paasuram, all our sins committed earlier and those that we are to commit - read
those that we are to commit unintentionally - will become like dust if put in
the fire. Hence, if you consider this to be unintentional, it is already
forgiven. If you think there is an element of chance that it could have been
intentional(pardon me for saying such a thing), pl. act according to this
paasuram to cleanse yourself of the sin. The inner meaning is also that this
cleansing of sins through this paasuram suggests prapatti because of the word
"thooyomaai". Hence, this is a chance for you to perform prapatti if you have
already not had it done for yourself.

Excuse me if I have hurt your feelings.

Shrimatey Nigamaantha Mahaa Deshikaaya Namaha

Adiyen Ramanuja Daasan

s_chellappa <s_chellappa@xxxx> wrote:
Adiyen had the misfortune of eating non-veg by mistake. I know I've
sinned. I do sandhyavandanam and recite some pasurams everyday; Can I
continue. I feel I've lost the privilege of being able to do that.
Your kind response will be beneficial.

Adiyen, Surendar.

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT