You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Oct 2003

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00119 Oct 2003

-- narsimhan csl <cslnarsimhan@xxxx> wrote: >
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 00:18:10 -0700 (PDT)
> From: narsimhan csl <cslnarsimhan@xxxx>
> Subject: Re: [SriRangaSri] Re: [t'venkatam] A
> question on 'Ethics' from a student in Berkeley
> University
> To: sudarshan madabushi
> <mksudarshan2002@xxxx>
>

> Dear Sri Sudarshan,
>
> Congratulations! ur answer is complete & fully apt
> to the question. In fact many attributes of our
> 'sanathana dharma' has been borrowed into the later
> religions that were formed.
>
> Lakshmi Narasimha dasan

*************

Dear Sri Narasimhan,

Thank you for your kind message.

My original post to the Srirangasri List was
truncated. For your information, here is the portion
of the message that got truncated :

Quote:

Once again, no one could have said it all better than
Mahatma Gandhi who wrote:

"Just as the seed is choked under the earth when it is
not duly watered, so too the morality which is devoid
of the fertilising influence of religion gets thin and
dry and is ultimately destroyed. It is clear therefore
that true religion and true morality are inseparably
bound up with each other. In other words, morality
divorced from religion would be an empty nothing."

UNQUOTE

Thanks and regards,

dAsan,
Sudarshan