You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Oct 2003

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00132 Oct 2003

srI:

The following may not be relevant to the topics of this group. As a
vegetarian, I would like to ask this. Asafoetida, a spice is normally
added to SArramuthu and other side dishes during the preparation.
One of my friends say that this contains animal product. In the past,
cane sugar (white) was never used in the preparation of laddu in
Tirumalai temple because animal product was used in the manufacture of
it. Nowdays, cane sugar (white) is manufactured without it. Hence, in
Tirupati, it is used in the preparation of laddu.

Can someone respond to this (in private)?

nArAyaNA!

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
srirangasri-subscribe@yahoogroups.com