You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Oct 2003

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00133 Oct 2003

Dear ShriVaishnavaites,

Wish You all a Happy and Prosperous Deepawali.

I have a question regarding deepawali. Why do we prepare "marunthu" which is a
vital item in deepawali menu? If we say that it is for digestion as we take lot
of sweets and savouries, then condition holds good for other festivals too.
Infact our festivals can be distinguished by the bakshanams we prepare. I know
that this type of marunthu is given for ladies post delivery.Can anyone clarify
why we prepare this marunthu only for deepawali?

Thanks,

Srinath

Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your partner online.Post your profile.

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
srirangasri-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
To subscribe to the list