You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Oct 2005

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00024 Oct 2005

SrI:
SrImathE Gopaladesika mahadesikaya namah:
Dearest all,

After all AzhwAr?s anubhavams, we have the anubhavams
of remaining two AzhwArs in this series and they have
covered more than fifty percent of the verses on
ThiruvEnkatam. They are NammAzhwAr and Thirumangai
AzhwAr. Let us enjoy Thirumangai AzhwAr first.

kalayaami kalidhvamsam kavim lOkadhivaakaram
yaSya kObi: prakaaSaabir aavidhyam niHatham thama:

I meditate on the Poet, who is like the Sun for the
whole world, to destroy the darkness of ignorance
(ajj~nAnam) with his word and who destroys the Kali
dhOsham.

Thirumangai AzhwAr went right upto NaimisaaraNyam,
BadrikAsramam and other divya desams in North and sang
the wondreful verses. When we are ecstatic about
something that great, we would like to share and enjoy
with others. AzhwAr could not foind others who
udnerstand Tamil in the North.

He sang the Ahobilam verses -singavEL kunRam... and
still it was telugu speaking area..

ThirumangaiAzhwAr after his anubhavam on SingavEL
kunRam, was called by the Lord "AzhwArE! Why are you
exerting yourself at SingavEL kunRam calling the Divya
dEsam :"deivam allaal sella voNNaa SingavEL kunRam"
(other than DevAs, none can access this sthalam) in
the last ten?. Not to worry. Here in ThiruvEmkatam, I
am showing myself so easily
accessible for everyone. Come and be blessed! Let us
go to TirumalA along with AzhwAr.

kongkalarnNdhamalarkkurunNdhamosittha kOvalanembiraan,
sangkuthangkuthadangkadalthuyilkoNda
thaamaraikkaNNinan,
pongkupuLLinaivaaypiLanNdha puraaNarthammidam,
pongkunNeerch
chengkayalthiLaikkumsunaith thiruvEngkadamadai
nNeNYchamE!    1.8.1

ThiruvEmkatamudaiyaan Sri Srinivasan is none other
than KsheeraabhdhinAthan and KaNNan. GopAlan- the One
who befell the fragrant Kurundha tree- My Master- The
Red Lotus eyed Beautiful Lord- Pundareekaakshan- The
One who is having His YoganithrA on the Milk
Ocean- The One who conquered pakAsuran- Sriman
Narayanan is showing Himself so gracefully at this
sthalam, ThiruvEmkatam, where lovely fishes jump with
joy in beautiful ponds.

yEsha naaraayaNa sreemaan... - Sriman Narayanan from
Paramapadham reclines at Milky ocean [ThiruppARkadal]
for the sake of devas.. and then descend down to
vibhava avathArams as Rama, krishna and also in divya
desams as archA moorthis... Hence the reference is
made here.

when the kurundha trees fell, even the fragrant
flowers did not fall off the tree. He ensured the same
as the flowers were offering the fragrance for the
pleasure of the Lord.

empiraan- My Lord- My upakaarakan- What upakaaram
[help] did He do here for AzhwAr? He only had saved
Himself and that has got nothing to do with AzhwAr?
why did he say em piraan?

That is because when He saves Himself from these
asurAs and hurdles, AzhwArs consider these events as
being helpful to them - for His deeds.. They consider
His pleasure alone as their sustenance. His savefy
alone is their concern. Hence em piraan.

Are those two marudha trees AsurAs? Due to Narada's
curse (saapam) the sons of KubEra became the trees in
Nandhan's backyard. - says SrImad Bhagawatham. Thus,
though they just stood there as trees for being saved
by KaNNan, the cowherd group considered them as asurAs
(with an apprehension always because the asuRAs enter
into the wheel, the calf etc.. to kill
KaNNan) due to their intense love and concern for
Kutti. AzhwAr also follows the same as he too is
concerned. (in PeriyAzhwAr Thirumozhi 3.1.3,
PeriyAzhwAr AzhwAr says: poimmAya  marudhAna
vasuraraai).

Thirumangai AzhwAr ThiruvaDigaLE SaraNam
Regards
Namo Narayana
dasan

http://mail.yahoo.com