You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Oct 2005

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00047 Oct 2005

SrI:
SrImathE Gopaladesika mahadesikaya namah:
Dearest all,

Let us continue to enjoy Thirumangai AzhwAr?s Periya
Thirumozhi. Today?s verse is Periya Thourmizh 1.8.4.

kalayaami kalidhvamsam kavim lOkadhivaakaram
yaSya kObi: prakaaSaabir aavidhyam niHatham thama:

I meditate on the Poet, who is like the Sun for the
whole world, to destroy the darkness of ignorance
(a~jnAnam) with his word and who
destroys the Kali dhOsham.

paartthaRkaayanRubaaradhamkaiseydhittu
venRaparaNYchudar,
kOtthangkaayar dhampaadiyil
kuravaipiNaindhavengkOvalan,
EtthuvaarthammanatthuLLaan
idavenNdhaimEynNdhavembiraan,
theertthanNeertthadaNYchOlaisoozh
thiruvEngkadamadainNeNYchamE!   1.8.4

ThiruvEmkatamudaiyaan is Sri Parthasarathy Himself.
The One who drove the chariot for Arjunan, presided
(sort of) the MahAbhAratha KurukshEthra battle, and
(enabled pANdavAs) win the battle- the One who
dances with cowherd girls- the One who stays in the
heart of His devotees who think of Him and meditate on
Him- the One who shows Himself at Thiruvidaventhai-
the Para~nchudar- the JyOthI- Emperumaan  is here at
Most beautiful ThiruvEmkata mountain. Oh mind! Reach
there.

Here Krishna won the battle ?says AzhwAr? Where did he
fight? He simply drove the chariot for Arjuna? How did
he win? Or even let Paandavas win? How did he help?

At the beginning of the battle, ArjunA had instructed
[being the Rathi with KaNNan being Saarathi
(charioteer)] to position his chariot between the two
opposing armies. Arjuna had a look at the assembled
warriors fighting on behalf of his evil-minded cousin,
DuryOdhanA, the son of the blind king, DhrithirAshtrA
. ArjunA recognized that his dear kinsmen and teachers
were the members of the army of DuryOdhanA.

Suddenly ArjunA was overcome with deep emotion and
threw aside his bow and arrows in a state of
despondency over killing his kith and kin as well as
his worshipful elders and AchAryAs. Arjuna declared
that he did not have the heart to fight to win the
war. He begged the Lord to show him the right path out
of his dilemma: with my heart stricken by
the fault of the weak compassion, with my mind
perplexed about my duty, I request You to say for
certain what is good for me. I am Your disciple.Teach
me who has taken refuge in You (SishyasthEham
saadhi maam thvAm prapannam)

Arjuna?s conflicts are our own conflicts and dilemmas
that we experience every day. The most compassionate
Lord, Sri ParthasArathy took on the role of
GitAchAryan and used ArjunA as VyAjam (excuse) to
bless us all with His upadEsam , which is the essence
of all SaasthrAs (Sarva Saasthramayee). The upadEsam
performed by our Lord at KurukshEthram is timeless and
will always have enduring value for all mankind.

Krishna asks: kuThasthvaa kasmalamitham? How did you
get this dirt in your mind? Then goes on to explain
with unlimited daya to us as Bhagavad GitA, to arjunA,
on our behalf.

It is He who did everything in the battle field to
ensure paandavaa?s success.

He resides in the heart of His dearest devotees who
are Paramaikaanthins who do not seek nothing but His
pleasure; none except Him? He Himself says that they
are His life itself. It is His matham?

In Bhagavath GitA, Krishna says" priyOhi
jn~AninOthyarthamaham sa cha mama priya:"(GitA 7.17).
He says here that the Jn~Ani is ever dear to Him;I am
very dear to him and he too is very dear to Me. Even
I, the Omniscient and Omnipotent, is unable to express
how much dear the Jn~Anin is to me, since there is no
such limit (as this much) for this love (that I have
for him /Jn~Anin)"

He is the darling of Gopis and Gopikas who themselves
are jnAnis as they know none but Him; and do not seek
nothing other than His pleasure and being with Him.

Such merciful Lord KaNNan is here at ThiruvEnkatam.

Thirumangai AzhwAr ThiruvadigaLE SaraNam
Regards
Namo narayana
dAsan

http://mail.yahoo.com

Click here to rescue a little child from a life of poverty.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/rAWabB/gYnLAA/i1hLAA/VkWolB/TM