You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Oct 2005

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00135 Oct 2005

1. The world, The individual soul and Isvara, all the three are real.
2. The world and the individual soul, in other words thw world
consisting of the insentient(jada) and sentient(chethana) stands in
relation of sarira to its sariri(body and soul) with Isvara.
3. Isvara, that is Narayana is transcendent(all pervading) and
imminent(antharyaami) and hence everything is in Him and He is in
everything.
4.Brahman of visishtadvaita is Narayana who is not nirguna(wiyhout
attributes ) but possesses infinite auspicious qualities.
5. Satyam,truth, jnanam,knowledge and anantham,eternality are His
attributes which are inseparable from Him, being His inherent
nature,svabhaava.
6.Being the Antharyaami He is the inner self of everything.
7.So He is the Controller,Niyantha, Master, Seshi and support,
Adhaara.
8. Bhakthi is the sole means of Liberation.
9. Nithya, Naimiththika Karma, the obligatory and occasional actions
namely the actions according to varnasrama and rituals for special
occasions like sraadhdha etc. are tobe done and cannoyt be
renounced , but should be done as offering to Narayana, without
attachment and desire.
10.'Thathvamasi' and other scriptural texts that claim unity with
Brahman do not imply identity.The merging with Brahman is like when
the gross body and subtle body are given up and the individual is
identified with the soul.
11. There are ample texts substantiating this.
12.Avidya/Maya is not beginningless and independent but the power of
Narayana.
This is visishtadvaita in a nutshell.How advaita differs from this
and about Dvaita will be followed up in the susequent posts.
 I am Dr. SAROJA RAMANUJAM, M.A.,Ph.D., SIROMANI IN SANSKRIT.
 My subject for my thesis was avirodhaadhikarana from Sribhashya of
Ramanuja. Ihave started web pages on Bhagavatgita, Vishnusahasranama,
yadhavaabhyudhaya of Desika ,Desika stothrasetc. I am 69 tears of
age, doing my doctorate after retirement I  also take freeclasses at
home on these topics. I have ventured on these projects as a
Bhagavatkainkarya and I seek the blessings of the leader of this
group and other devotees My groups are
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Narayan_darsana

Click here to rescue a little child from a life of poverty.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/rAWabB/gYnLAA/i1hLAA/VkWolB/TM