You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Oct 2005

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00134 Oct 2005

Dear sri gopalakrishna

The face of the lord is adorned with thiruman as an alankaram for
him. this is done by us.

Actually his face is adorned with kasthoori thilakam
- leela sukhar slokam is also there - this same slokam is also
available in mukundha mala by king kulasekara.

kasthoori thilakam lalaata palakE vakshasthalE kousthubham
naasaagre nava moukthikam kara thalE vENum karE kangaNam --

as rightly said it is also to remind us to wear and remember his feet.

argyam water is not to be touched by our feet and that is why it is
to be poured out in such a place where do not put our foot. when it
is not to be touched again, there is no question of drinking it.

actually argyam water is the bow which removes the obstructions
created in the path of sun, when he starts his daily travel from east
to west togive energy to all creations in the world. so the argyam
water offered by brahmanas goes as bows to kill those who create
these obstructions in the path of sun. as such it also carries the
blood stains of those killed who created the obstruction to sun. so
such a stained substance should not be taken in by us under any
circumstance.

dhasan
vasudevan m.g.

--- In SriRangaSri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "gopal_yajur2"
<gopal_yajur2@xxxx> wrote:

> Dear people,
>
> I have two basic questions
>

> 1.If thiruman is considered as lotus foot of lord,then why do we see
> lord wearing thiruman in temples?
>
> 2. i live in a small apparment in germany.the only religious
practice
> i still continue is Sandhyavandanam.
> And i give argayam in a small plate.can i drink this argayam water
> after my Sandhyavandanam? r can i use it to water some plant in my
> appartment? as i dont want to throw the argam water in wash basin.
>
> Kindly clarify.
>
> Gopalakrishnan.T.R

Click here to rescue a little child from a life of poverty.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/rAWabB/gYnLAA/i1hLAA/VkWolB/TM