You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Sep 2004

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00146 Sep 2004

Sep 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Respected Sirs:

Incidentally, some of the elders have put this succinctly :alpa prayatnam,
anantha phalam i.e. one does not require anything for Sandhya, the barest
minimum available freely (air, water,mud-earth, one's breath - prana) may
be easily availed and the ritual gone thru. No elaborate vessels, flowers,
decoration items etc. No great effort also is needed, no great
philosophical discussions or rationale analysis, theories,knowledge,
special learning, time, energy etc. nothing is needed.  In short alpa
prayatnam.

But the fruits ? Without asking it is a virtual bounty.  Marval at the
strange twist of words the elders have used "Anantha phalam". Who is this
'anantha' other than our most beloved of all Shriman Narayanan ? And since
HE is limitless - anantha, without end, extending even unto infinity, the
fruits which are bestowed by HIM are also equally plenty and never ending.

Nowhere, in no other worship, prayer, ritual, chanting can such an
extraordinary set of simplistic benefits be seen.
Bare minimum effort and unlimited benefits - alpa prayatnam, anantha phalam

Om tat sat
tat tvam asi

                      Sundar Raghavan

                      <ksundarjee@yaho         To:      Karthik Ragavan
<karthikri@xxxxxxxxx>,
                      o.com>                   SriRangaSri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                                               cc:

                      09/21/04 11:15           Subject: Re: [SriRangaSri] Re:
Question related to
                      AM                       sandhyAvandnam

Dear Bhagavathas,

What Ramachandran Swami said is correct.  This is
"Nithya" Karma. Even if you travel full day and not
able to take bath or no water available you have to do
sandhyavandham by "Mathra Snanam" and "by air do
Achamanam and Arkyam" and do Japam.  I didn't find in
the book (or) told by our Anchestors, that we have to
do Gayathri Japam only 10 times during "Theetu"
period.  Whatever we do daily japam same thing should
continue in those period.  Nithya Karma is just like
our "Swasham" or "Breath". We will not stop our
swasham during "theetu" period.  If anybody feels this
is wrong pls forgive me and request to provide the
clarification.  It will help us to update our
knowledge.

 Daasan
KLK Thathachari

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/VkWolB/TM