You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Sep 2007

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00055 Sep 2007

Sep 2007 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:

Dear Sri Ranganatha BhakthAs:

Today is the sacred day of the avathAram of
a great SrI VaishNavite AchArya , who completed the construction of the abandoned South Gopuram of Lord RanganAthan at Srirangam . For hundreds of years , that Gopuram just had its foundations but was never completed . One day the ancient Lord addressed an old VaishNavite AchAryan residing at DasAvathAra Sannidhi and commanded him to complete the construction of the unfinished Gopuram and consecrate it . The old AchAryan protested to the older Parama Purushan and said that he was too old to undertake such a gigantic
kaimkaryam given his advanced age . The Parama Purushan laughed while reclining on His soft bed of Aadhi Seshan and expressed His confidence that this kaimkaryam will be completed by the Acharyan soon . Lord RanganAthAn's
words never fail and lo and behold , we see today with wonder , the fruit of this magnificent Kaimkaryam by this AsAdhya
AachAryan .

That AchAryan  is no one but  Sri VedAntha Yatheendhra Mahaa Desikan , whose 112th Thirunakshathram ( Birth day) we are celebrating today at Srirangam with Veda PaarAyaNam and AarAdhanam . HH Sri VedAntha Yatheendhra Mahaa Desikan
is the 44th in the line of succession as Ahobila Mata PeetAdhipathi .

Each time , we pass under this Gopuram to offer our PraNAmams to Sri RanganAyaki SamEtha Sri RanganAthan , we have to prostrate mentally to this great AchAryan , whose Vaibhavam is replete with such acts as asahAya Sooran . His dheerga darsanam and apAra KaaruNyam ( Limitless compassion ) has also resulted in the realization of an unique  Temple in USA for Lord RanganAthA following strictly the PaancharAthra Aagamic Traditions of worship as at ancient Srirangam adored by
the AzhwArs and every one of the AchAryAs from all corners of BhAratha Desam .

This USA temple for Lord RanganAtha built with the blessings of Sri VedAntha Desika YathIndhra MahA Desikan   is the One at Pomona , NY , which many of you have visited with your families and friends since its samprOkshaNam in May 2001 .

We are conducting NithyOthsavam , PakshOthsavam , MaasOthsvam ,
PavithrOthsavam , adhyayana Uthsavams , Thirumnajanams for the EmperumAns , ThAyArs and AzhwArs on their Thirunakshathram days . We conducted
with all of Your help the first ever BrahmOthsavam at the temple with live Naadhaswaram for five days . We would like to continue with this rich agenda of Celebrations at the Pomona Temple .

On this AavaNi Hastha AvathAra Dinam of the 44th Pattam Azhagiya Singar . adiyEn seeks Your help with folded hands on behalf of the Pomona , NY Temple Board . We need to raise significant funds soon  to take care of the reinforcement of the flat roof over the 8 Sannidhis , MatapaLLi , Festival Halls ( Ranga Mantapam) , conduct Uthsavams , build permanent living quarters for the Temple staff , construct a reference library and many more things .

adiyEn requests you to contact me about pledges that you could make to continue to serve SrI RanganAyaki SamEtha Sri RanganAthan and His BhakthAs in
an exemplary manner . All of Your support funds are tex deductible . We need to fix the roof before the harsh North East Winter sets in . Please help to the best of your ability . Your samarpaNams can be sent to :

Sri Ranganatha Temple
8 Ladentown Road
Pomona , NY 10970
( Phone) : 845-364-9790

adiyEn is attaching a note from
the Chairman of Sri RanganAtha Temple ,
Dr.Venkat Kanumalla about the significance
of this day for SrI RanganAtha BhakthAs
around the world .

Daasan , Oppiliappan Koil V.Sadagopan

=============================
Dear Devotees,
On this wonderful Tirunakshatram day of the 44th Srimad Azhagiyasingar of Sri Ahobila mutt - Srimate Srivan Sathagopa Sri VedAnta Desika Yateendra MahA-Desikan,  may we all be fortunate and  chant at least 108 times His Holiness' Taniyan:
sri ranganAtha sathagOpa yateendhra dhrashtum
Lakshmi-Nrusimha saThajit karuNaika pAtram
Sri ranga veera raghurAt saThagOpa hrudhyam
VedAnta dhesika yateendram aham prapadye.
Srimate Srivan sathagopa Sri VedAnta Desika Yateendra MahA DesikAya nama:
It is only once in our life-times, we can come across a Mahaan, who had the UNIQUE bhagyam of being requested by Lord Sri RanganAtha ? to make His motta-gOpuram ? a rAja gOpuram? and who built Sri RanganAtha?s rAja-gOpuram at Sri Rangam, India and also a whole new Sri Ranganatha Temple in New-York, USA,  covering both East and West like Lord Sri Trivikrama.
Srimad Azhagiyasingar Thiruvadigale SaraNam
Adiyen
Srimad Azhagiyasingar thiruvadi
Venkat Kanumalla

.