You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Feb 2004

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00142 Feb 2004

SrimatE Raamaanujaaya Namaha //
SrimatE Nigamaanta Mahaa Desikaaya Namaha //
SrIman! SrI Ranga Sriyam anupadravam anudhinam Samvardhaya/
SrIman! SrI Ranga Sriyam anupadravam anudhinam Samvardhaya//
KAvEri VardhathAm kAlE, kAlE varshathu vAsava: /
SrI RanganAthO jayathu Sri Ranga Sri cha VardhathAm//
SRI RANGA SRI VOL.05/ISSUE # 15 dated 29th February 2004
EDITORIAL
IN THIS ISSUE:
AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ? GOING ON VACATION
IMPORTANT DAYS IN PANGUNI (MEENA) MONTH
AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ? GOING ON VACATION

Dear Bhagavatas:
You are aware that the 83rd Tirunakshtatra MahOtsavam of His Holiness Srimad
Andavan of Poundareekapuram Swami Asramam is to be celebrated on the
26th March 2004 at the Asramam premises.

You also know that on that occasion, His Holiness has kindly consented to
release through his divine hands, my book entitled
?Hinduism Rediscovered ?
(A Contemporary study of Hindu thought-
(From the Vedic roots to the flowering of Sri Vaishnavam).

The book is published by ?The Tiruvenkatam Group, Kuwait?, and is being
printed at Bangalore under the active coordination of Sri Anantha Narasimhan
Swami (Son of Sri Anantha Rangachariar Swami). The printing has reached the
final stages with the enthusiastic assistance of a team of our members in
Bangalore who have volunteered to proof read the text.

Excerpt from the write up by the Publishers of the proposed book is enclosed
below for your kind information.

It is proposed to donate part of the proceeds to the Nityakainkaryams at
Divyadesams consecrated by Azhwars. I am sure you will encourage us by
securing copies of the book and participating in the Bhagavad Kainkaryams.

The book is expected to be around 1000 pages. The price has not yet been
fixed.
For those who register NOW, the book will be offered at a discounted
?Pre-Publication Price?

Only a limited number of copies are being printed for this first edition, it
will be supplied on a ?first come- first served? basis.

I request you, as a member of ?Sri Ranga Sri? to help me by reserving a copy
for yourself in the first place and spreading the word among your friends
requesting them to place orders

I am leaving from Cleveland to Chennai via Singapore on 2nd March 2004 and
will be reaching Chennai on 4th March midnight. I will be leaving Chennai,
the very next night (5th March) and reach Bangalore on 6th March, in
connection with the finalization of the publication. After the release on
26th March at Srirangam, I propose to leave Chennai on 10th April 2004 and
reach Cleveland via Singapore.

I am not sure if I can post any further Issues during my absence. I may be
able to read your mails but may not be able to approve postings to the
Journal during this period.
*FOR RSVP, PRICE, ORDERING COPIES, DIRECTIONS, AND FURTHER DETAILS* PLEASE
CONTACT -
SRI K.Sadagopan Iyengar,
Srikaryam Swami, ?Board of Advisory Consultants? (BAC) of SDDS & SRS
Old # 39/ New # 11, T.Nagar, First Street,
Ramanathapuram, Coimbatore- 641 045
Phone: 0422 ? 2321 ? 571
E.Mail: sadagopaniyengar@xxxxxxxx
with a copy to my usual email address: Ramanbil@xxxxxxxxxxx
AT CHENNAI:
I can be reached at the following address:
A.K.Ramaswamy
C/O Mrs. K. Mythili
25(Old 22) Lower Canal Road,
Prithvipakkam,
Ambattur
Chennai 600 053
(Phone # 2657 3246)
At BANGALORE:
I can be reached at the following address:
Mrs. Geetha and Dr. Loknath
#76, Life is Beautiful"
Apt 301,  30th Cross,
Tilaknagar Main Road,
Jayanagar 4th ?T? Block,
Bangalore 560 041
(Next to Band Box dry cleaners shop and  before Sagar Apolo Hospital)
Phone: (2664 3640)

Dasoham
Anbil Ramaswamy
EXCERPT MENTIONED ABOVE:
Dear friends:

The "Tiruvenkatam Group", Kuwait, is happy and proud to announce the
forthcoming publication of "Hinduism Rediscovered" authored by Sri.Anbil
Ramaswamy. The book is a concise but rich and comprehensive encyclopedia of
SriVaishnavite thought on Vedanta.

The proposed publication is presently undergoing printing at Bangalore,
India. By all accounts the book should be ready for printing around the end
of February 2004.

SRIMADH ANDAVAN of SRIPOUNDARIKAPURAM SWAMY ASRAMAM has kindly consented to
release the book under his holy auspices on the occasion of his
Tirunakshatra MahOtsavam (Panguni Rohini) on 26th March 2004.

The first edition of this book will be very limited in number but moderately
priced considering the 1000+ pages of the book. The actual price will be
announced, once the printing etc. is completed. It will be distributed on a
"first-come-first-serve" basis to those who book their subscription in
advance.

May the Blessings of the Lord at Tiruvenkatam be upon all of us!
For and on behalf of the Members of the Tiruvenkatam Group, Kuwait:
Sudarshan K.Madabushi, I.V.K.Chary, and K.C.Narasimhan
133 Regular issues have been released, so far besides several Special
Issues) -
- 27 Issues of Vol. 1
- 15 Issues of Vol. 2
- 42 Issues of Vol. 3
- 35 Issues of Vol. 4 &
- 14 Issue of Vol. 5
These issues have been archived for public view at -
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/srirangasri
by Sri DiwakarKannan (diwakark@xxxxxxxxx)

You may also view the archives at http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia maintained
by Sri Srinivasan Sriram (ajiva_rts@xxxxxxxxxx)

We strongly urge you to kindly peruse the "Regular Issues" archived in the
?Files? Section and view the Contents at ?srsindex.html? (Not the individual
postings allowed encouraging "Reader participation"). We are sure that you
will be convinced of the quality of the contents.

IF you are satisfied with the quality and contents of ?Sri Ranga Sri?-

Tell your friends to join by sending an email to
Srirangasri-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

IF not:
Tell us, as to how we may improve.
Ever at your service

Dasoham
Anbil Ramaswamy
Editor & Publisher
?Sri Ranga Sri?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxd
IMPORTANT DAYS IN PANGUNI (MEENA) MONTH
Nakshatram / Almanac Date/ English Date /Day / Tirunakshatram of / Authority
ROHINI
13th
03/26/04
Friday
RP13. Kidambi Sriranga Raja Chariar
(p.341)& AVV Part 19 in Sgati Vol.01/19
PP
PARAVA KOTTAI
SRIMAD ANDAVAN SRI GOPALA DESIKA MD of
SRIMAD POUNDARIKAPURA SWAMI ASRAMAM
(Lifco p.187) & (AVV Part 42 in SRS Vol.01/16) &
(Subanu Seva Diary p.126)
==============================
PUSHYAM
18th
03/31/04
Wednesday
Tirukkudantai Vedanta Ramanuja MD
(p.40)(PA 3), and  (Subanu Seva Diary p.125)
Sella pillai (28#)
=============================
UTTIRAM
22nd
04/04/04
Sunday
2.RANGANAYAKI THAYAR (PERIYA PIRAATTI)
(p.325)(28#P)
Nam-Jeeyar
AVV Part 20 in Sgati Vol.01/20
(28#P & SrgmP)
HASTAM
23rd
04/05/04
Monday
AM21.Sadagopa Parankusa YMD
(AVA p.247)
Tiruvarangattu Amudanaar
(28#P) + Seva Diary
==============================
CHITRAI
24th
04/06/04
Tuesday
SEVA SRINIVASA RAGHAVA MD
(Subanu Seva
Diary p.126)
ANUSHAM
27th
04/09/04
Friday
Kozhiyalam Ranga Ramanuja MD
(p.212 &371) and KPI (Lifco p.195)
PP:Vennatrankarai SrinivasaMD
(Lifco p.187) & (AVV Part 41 in SRS Vol.01/15)
REVATI
09th
03/22/04
Monday
PERIYA PERUMAL SRI RANGA NATHAR
(PA11 r/w 28# 30.Ranganatha Swami (p337)
OTHER IMPORTANT DAYS IN PANGUNI
Panguni Maasap pirappu          01st 03/14/04 Sunday
Sravanam                                04th 03/17/04 Wednesday
Krishna Paksha Ekadasi                          04th 03/17/04 Wednesday
Amavasya                                07th 03/20/04 Saturday
YUGAADI,Telugu Varushp pirappu                 08th 03/21/04 Sunday
SRI RAMA NAVAMI                        17th 03/30/04 Tuesday
Sukla Paksha Ekadasi                           19th 04/01/04 Thursday
PANGUNI UHTRAM TIRUNAAL                22nd 04/04/04 Sunday
TIRUNARAYANAP PERUMAAL                 23rd 04/05/04 Monday (28#)
Varaha jayanthi                        27th 04/09/04 Friday
DAARANA VARUSHA PIRAPPU, VISHU PUNYAKAALAM
and Sravanam                    01st 04/13/04   Tuesday