You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Apr 2004

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00143 Apr 2004

Apr 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrimatE Raamaanujaaya Namaha //
SrimatE Nigamaanta Mahaa Desikaaya Namaha //
SrIman! SrI Ranga Sriyam anupadravam anudhinam Samvardhaya/
SrIman! SrI Ranga Sriyam anupadravam anudhinam Samvardhaya//
KAvEri VardhathAm kAlE, kAlE varshathu vAsava: /
SrI RanganAthO jayathu Sri Ranga Sri cha VardhathAm//
SRI RANGA SRI VOL.05 /  ISSUE # 16 dated 27th April 2004
EDITORIAL
IN THIS ISSUE:
1.      TAARANA SAMVATSARA GREETINGS
2.      IMPORTANT DAYS IN CHITTIRAI (MESHA) MONTH
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
1. HAPPY TAARANA SAMVATSARAM!
May the Divya Dhampatis shower their blessings of peace, prosperity and
mutual amity upon all humanity.  Let us all be happy, healthy and prosperous
and engage in greater kainkaryam to Bhagavaan and Bhaagavatas in the year
ahead.

Due to my absence away in India, I could not send the greetings earlier.
Though belated, I hope you will accept my heartfelt greetings on the dawn of
the New year.

Sri Seva Swamigal has composed a Stotra, ?Akshaya Aaraadhanam? in which he
has used the names of all the 60 years of our almanac to pay tributes to
Swami Desika. Here is the one dedicated to ?TaaraNa Samvarsaram.

Prataarak prataaraNas samastha taaraNO guru:
Vibhaati kaaraNa pradarsanEna nirNayam vadan /
Nivaarayan nijOktibhih parOkth dooshaNaanyahO
Niroopayan visishTathaam namaami dEsikOttamam //

The word ?TaaraNa?: has several meanings. One is ?crossing over?. Another is
?trick?.
Seva Swami employs both in this sloka thus:

?Desika would trick the tricksters; But, he would also help all (including
the tricksters) to cross the ocean of Samsaara. by explaining not only the
?what? and ?how? but also more importantly the ?why? of things and thus
clearly establishing the correct interpretation of our Siddhanta. He removes
faults, if any, pointed out by others. I bow to this outstanding Achaarya,
Swami Desika who is indeed Guru par excellence?

The traditional Panchangams, of course, give their ?veNbas? that do not
instill much of sanguine prognosis of the year ahead. More often than not,
the frightening prospects or the more welcome scenario predicted therein
normally do not come true. But, one thing is certain. The prayers to Swami
Desika as contained in Seva Swami?s Akashaya Aaraadhanam? are sure to
guarantee us a worry free and pleasant future. So, we are not referring to
the traditional VeNbaa? in our New Year greetings.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2. IMPORTANT DAYS IN CHITTIRAI (MESHA) MONTH
DateIndian/English/Day/          Star/          Event/
01/     04/13   Tues                            TaaraNa year begins
03/     04/15   Thurs                           KrishnaPaksha Ekadasi
06/     04/18   Sun             Revati          PeriyaperumaL
07/     04/19   Mon                             Amavasya &
                                        Solar eclipse(Not visible in India)
                                Aswini          Vaduga NambigaL
10/     04/22   Thurs           Krittigai       UyyakkoNDaar
11/     04/23   Fri             Rohini          Vanamaamalai PerumaaL
                                                EngaL Aaxhwaan
13/     04/25   Sun             Tiruvadirai     EMPERUMAANAAR
                                                Koil SomayaajiyaaNdaan
14/     04/26   Mon             Punarvasu       MudaliyaaNDaan
16/     04/28   Wed             Aslesha         ILayavalli Aachaan
19/     05/01   Sat                             Sulapaksha Ekadasi
20/     05/02   Sun             Hastam          KiDaambi Aachaan
21      05/03   Mon             Chittirai       MADURAKAVI AZHWAR
                                                NaDaadur AmmaaL
                                                Tiruttaazvarai Daasar
                                                Tirumalai Anataazhwaar
                                                Periya Tirumalai NambigaL
                                                Ranganatha YMD (AH)
                                                Viraraghava YMD (AH)
22/     05/04   Tues                            CHITRA POURNAMI
                                                Chandra GrahaNam
28/     05/11   Tues            SravaNam        SravaNa Upavaasam
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/VkWolB/TM