You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - May 2006

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00235 May 2006

May 2006 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrimatE Raamaanujaaya Namaha //
SrimatE Nigamaanta Mahaa Desikaaya Namaha //
SrIman! SrI Ranga Sriyam anupadravam anudhinam Samvardhaya/
SrIman! SrI Ranga Sriyam anupadravam anudhinam Samvardhaya//
KAvEri VardhathAm kAlE, kAlE varshathu vAsava: /
SrI RanganAthO jayathu Sri Ranga Sri cha VardhathAm//
SRI RANGA SRI VOL.07 / ISSUE # 49 dated 16th May 2006
IN THIS ISSUE

EDITORIAL
Today is to be etched in gold- really a ?Red - letter-day? and a ?Gold
?lettered day? for all of us.

We just learned that our dearest friend (and personally, my mentor) Sri
Oppiliappan Koil Varadachari Sadagopan Swami is to be conferred the title of
?Kainkarya Rathnam? by Sri Ramanuja Mission Inc. U.S.A.

While he richly deserves the honor, I feel that the Directors of Sri
Ramanuja Mission Inc have honored themselves by their right choice in
conferring this title on him.

There is not a single Website belonging to our Sampradayam that was not adorned
by him. His translating the holy works of Achaaryas is exemplary, making the
esoteric easily accessible even to ignorant lay folk like me.

There is not a single Kainkaryam for which he has not put out appeals for funds
or garnered support despite the risks involved.

The entire SrivaishNava community is deeply indebted to him for his
pioneering efforts and mind-boggling tenacity and focus.

May the Divya Dhampathis shower on him all the best in life for continuing the
noble kainkaryams.

I must admit that it is also in our own enlightened self interest in wishing
him thus.

Dasoham
Anbil Ramaswamy
IMPORTANT DAYS IN VAIKASI (RISHABA) MONTH
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ISSUES RELEASED
So far, 224 Regular issues of SRS have been released apart from
Special Issues:
27 Issues of Vol. 1
15 Issues of Vol. 2
42 Issues of Vol. 3
35 Issues of Vol. 4
28 Issues of Vol. 5
30 Issues of Vol. 6 and
48 Issues of Vol. 7

You may also view the archives at http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
maintained by Sri Srinivasan Sriram (ajiva_rts@xxxxxxxxx )

We strongly urge you to kindly peruse the "Regular Issues" archived in the
"Files" Section and view the Contents at "srsindex.html" (Not the individual
postings allowed for encouraging "Reader participation").  We are sure that you
will be convinced of the quality of the contents.

IF you are satisfied with the quality and contents of "Sri Ranga Sri"-
Tell your friends to join by sending an email to
Srirangasri-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

IF NOT: Tell us, as to how we may improve.

Ever at your service
Dasoham
Anbil Ramaswamy,
Editor & Publisher, "Sri Ranga Sri"
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
IMPORTANT DAYS IN VAIKAASI (RISHABA) MONTH
Date-Indian/English/Day/Nakshatram/ Thithi/Event/       Remarks
01/05-15-06/Monday/Kettai/Dviteeyai/ Vaikaasi Month begins
04/05-18-06/Thursday/UthraaDam-Srvanam/Shashti/ SravaNa Vratam
09/05-23-06/Tuesday/Uthrattadi/Ekaadasi/Sarva Krishna Paksha Ekaadasi
11/05-25-06/Thursday/Aswini/Trayodasi/ShashTa Paraankusa Swami
12/05-26-06/Friday/Krittigai/Chaturdasi- Amaavaasya/Sarva Amaavaasya
13/05-27-06/Saturday/RohiNi/Pratamai/TirukkOshTiyur NambigaL
14/05-28-06/Sunday/Mrigaseersham/Pratamai-Dviteeyai/
AGNI NAKSHATRA NIVRITTI, MANNAARKOIL ANDAVAN (PPA), Narasimha Tata MD
(NavalPakkam)
15/05-29/Monday/ TIruvadirai/ Dviteeyai/SRIMUSHNAM ANDAVAN (PA)
18/06-01-06/Thursday/Poosam/Panchami/NalukaviperumaaL,D.T.Swami
22/06-05-06/Monday/Uthram/Navami/VedantaRamanuja MD (Ketandipatti)
23/06-06-06/Tuesday/Hastam/ Dasami/DEVAPPERUMAAL
24/06-07-06/Wednesday/Chitrai/Ekaadasi/Sarva Sukla Paksha Ekaadasi
25/06-08-06/Thursday/Swati/Dvaadasi/AM/EngaLaazhwaan
26/06-09-06/Friday/Visaakam/ TrayOPdasi/NAMMAZHWAAR,
                                        TiruvoimozhipPilllai
27/06-10-06/Saturday/ Anusham/Chaturdasi/BhaTTar, Raamap PiLlai, Koil
                                                Kandadai Annan
28/06-11-06/Sunday/Kettai/POurNami/KALYANAAHAVA SWAMI,
                                Tiruvarangap PerumaaLaraiyar

http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/VkWolB/TM