[compost_tea] Re: small brewers for non-profit community groups

From: tomjasz <tom_at_livesoil.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 13:24:32 -0000

$37 USD (or $55 AUD) for an ice cream bucket (the kind that lasts a
week in the sun) and ten dollars worth of parts and supplies shipped
to Oz (another $28 USD) is probably a little more than just plain
expensive. Better to buy the parts locally. I've included a couple of
links. The Hagen pump link is over priced, I found them much cheaper
in the US. Fiskars sells porous tubing, I'm told it's available in
Oz. Buy an entire roll as you'd be wise to change out the tubing.
I'll send a picture or two of the needed parts and how to put a
simple brewer together. Please email with the appropriate email
address.

http://www.equarium.com.au/store/detail.asp?
id=119&cat=10&hd=Hagen+Elite+802+Twin+Output+Air+Pump
This pump has been used to successfully brew tea and can easily be
repaired with parts available in OZ. It should be available for less.

http://www.yardsupply.com/cgi-
bin/SoftCart.exe/star/prodpages/drip/941020.htm?E+star
Fiskars now owns the manufacturer and distributes this product. Buy a
full roll to periodically change out the porous tubing.

Fiskars Moisture Master Mini Soaker Hose, 1/4" x 40'. Use with our
1/4" feeder line and drip fittings to water small garden areas,
potted plants and window boxes. Maximum length for each soaker hose
section is 15'.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511